Stand Up Paddling

dawn patrol myself......off water by 11. Unless its super windy....then its time for a down winder!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hadn't paddled in at least 3 weeks, life gets in the way. Went out today for 4 hrs, definitely felt like 6 when I was done, great weather and sea conditions, serious fun and fantastic work out. Its one of those things that hopefully we all are able to do some of- something that doing it is extremely relaxing and tends to put you in your best mind set, the best version of you. You can think about issues that drive you nuts at other times and usually put them in perspective fairly quickly and easily.

I got one but it aint a combine and I don't drive it for hours on end. Hence, the SUP

No moving parts either, that's a plus.

Thats dang near impossible!

When I master that, pictures will no longer be a thing...

went for the first time this weekend, had a wedding near Portsmouth NH. spent yesterday morning on a paddle board. It was amazing because it didn't seem hard while I was doing it, but today I have all kind of micro muscles sore and tired. Pretty great workout for all the neglected muscles. We swam a little too. I had some trouble because I think I ws leveraging the paddle against my lower back which was the only thing I didn't like ergonomically. I need to experiment more with form. Great time though.

Summer more or less finally arrived. Went for first paddle of the season (wanted to go out many a time when it was colder/earler, twas not to be). Got caught in a hellacious squall, was very wild and the wind mostly blew in the direction of home so got lucky there. Only lasted about 20 min so if wind had been wrong, I'da survived. Water was a refreshing 56*

Any SUPers out there? Big Jim, you got a kayak, right? I still say you'd have hella fun on a big ol paddle board. You'd be laughing at the hottest of days at the lake.

I borrowed a kayak to try Cory.

It is billed as un-flipable.

You have to really be wanker to flip it. I was just that wanker.

So far no kayaks or SUP boards. The search continues though.

What I found out was that since my center of gravity is higher than average, ballast in the kayak helped. Chunks of concrete or rocks from the beach, in the bulkheads, fore and aft. Otherwise, I was forever on the verge of tipping.

Back