Page 86 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the Akimbo

Is there a date for the new Runner?
    Knot Interested.....

Sorry my bad
    "....oh and I fingered a couple of honeys once in the church graveyard."

I thought it strange that RE were developing the Akimbo and the RR2 at the same time.

Jamie, can you give us any insight to this?
    Rich.

I thought that they looked pretty similar...

That is kind of weird. I mean the devices are pretty similar to have both in parallel. . . I was kind of waiting on the Akimbo myself.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.”
    Vernon Law

Sam

MI-4209A

My guess is that something even MORE exciting will come out before these hit the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by gf beranek View Post
    Oh, the spin-offs. Others will constantly copy and re-design. You can imitate but you can not duplicate.
    the RR2 is virtually identical to the Runner that that i have been climbing on since 2012. It has some improvements, mainly keeping all the pieces together. the curves were all Rock my personal aesthetics taste is less curvy. the functional design, what makes the runner work is unchanged. Myself and Jaimie were in Utah about a week from one another. We actually found that out from each other. Rock is Manufacturing both items as RE products. I am not sure what the ultimate plan is but they sure have the corner on SRT mechanicals at the moment.
    there should be no major difference in how the runner functions on rope. The outer lines are bit different. But functionally it is basically the same as seen in this video from 2012. minor tweaks along the way my first spring was a hair tie, and various rubber bands. who know when the RR2 will be available commercially. But it is still a runner, not spinning off of anything..
    https://youtu.be/ZjO1x2NGQNs
    (horrible video, horrible music sorry. its not public, i was going to call it the shadow but there is a climbing device already by that name... )

this is a few months later, the design starting to come together,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4OZd0xO0po 2013.

Lots of folks have been a part of the inspiration for the runner. Gordon's and Paul Cox's ideas have had an influence on the runner. And I like to think that my ideas have helped them as well. Ideas are in a constant state of evolution.

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

You inventors are awesome folks....it's wonderful how you share your thoughts and insights with us out here, the users of your designs.

Thanks for pitching in like you do.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    I thought it strange that RE were developing the Akimbo and the RR2 at the same time.

Jamie, can you give us any insight to this?
    Rock was working on the RR2 before i met him. i don't know how long its been in the works but i think its been a while. its going to be really interesting to see where all this goes. so far i have nothing but good things to say about rock exotica, im kind of excited that they seem to be focusing more on the tree gear with the RR2 and the Akimbo. as to which will come out first? i don't know. the RR2 has a head start for sure, but my gofundme parts don't need to go through as much testing and such. ive got to say that if the Akimbo looks half as pretty as that runner picture looks ill be beside myself with glee.

And yes ill be in sacramento at sherrills arborfest. ill be hanging out at the rock exotica booth or wandering around. and yes ill have a few of the hand made Akimbo prototypes with me if anyone wants to try them out.
    "Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
    Ineptitude: If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Thanks for your response mate.

All the best with the process and family life.

Cheers.
    Rich.