This is the Akimbo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
we named him Owen Jan Worrell Merritt. Jan was his great grandfather and worrell is moms maiden name. should have named him Piglet tho, he is non stop eating! poor momboobs!

as for the Akimbo, i just need to sneak down to the shop for a few hours to have them done. well see how soon that happens.

Precious time with the little one...the world will just have to wait. Anticipation, something something:D

Nice name! Good and strong with family history...

Akimbo can wait, early kiddie time precious :)

i did it! 2 Akimbos are in the mail, headed to bstewert and burnham. should arrive Wednesday.

i really appreciate the enthusiasm! working on a project like this, its easy to start focusing so hard on details that i forget how far its already come and i start to get discouraged. really looking forward to as much outside opinion as possible!

as much outside opinion as is positive!:P

Man it used to chap my ass when idiots were negative about my projects out of sheer jealousy I believe.

I look at movie critics and think WTF, tell me one thing you contribute to life. All the more with arb tools and life inventions that can save work and make things more enjoyable on orders of magnitude.

I'm open to negative feedback as well. As long as it isn't just bashing i think it is all helpfull.

I'm assuming that the Akimbo will fill the same slot as the Hitch Hiker and Rope Wrench? I'm going to have to keep my eyes open. I'm getting ready to try out one of those two. It'd be pretty cool to try out something new! Best of luck!

Man, I have missed this thread until now. What a marvelous looking device, I would like to buy one when they are available. A beautiful baby boy you have also. Congratulations!
How much does the Akimbo weight?

The rope holds it up. A twelve ounce throw bag is nothing. Beefy is something I like about the HH.

Are you intending to do some pull testing?

Phillips head and phillips-head/ flat-head are obsolete technology. Maybe they are cheaper parts than allen bolts, or harder to source. Simple is good, too. Kinda takes away from the suave aesthetic.

This would make a beautiful finish.
circular_waves.jpg

watch out, guys, I just did my first image tag
tag wrap! Learning a wider variety of things here.:thumbup:

those of you who know me may know that im never content with using stuff off the shelf as it were. im compelled to modify or make my own. this is my attempt at a mechanical srt device. as of now ive only made them by hand in my woodshop. still a lot of testing to do and some details to sort out. as soon as i have quantities on hand im hoping i can recruit some guinea pigs to try it out :D. what do you think?View attachment 63017View attachment 63018View attachment 63019View attachment 63020

beastmaster-caber-glaive.jpg

A child of the 80's,

MV5BMzYzNzE3NTgxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDY1MDY5._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

agreed on the philips. youll see why i used them there when you get one. $1.00 bolt vs $12.00 for socket cap! plan is to use clevis pins with spiral clips throughout in future. a lot of this project has been dictated by what i can do with my limited tools and local hardware.

Back