This is the Akimbo

what they've told me Chris is that they wont be putting it up on the website until its ready to ship.

Mmmm, somehow I have come into possession of one (on extended loan)...from a standup Treehouser!

I think you’re gonna love it Fi. I had one on a loan for a few days. My experience was great except for getting it to open to release my rope. I think a lot of this was due to improper settings and possibly the fact that I had the franken-kimbo. One of the earliest versions with some of the upgrades, but not all. Also had been passed around a lot. Other than that it was a dream to climb on.

I was getting ready to go give it a test today...then we looked out the window and it was SNOWING!!!
So...staying put and doing some baking instead.

We are only at about 250m elevation, snow is not normal here!

I think you?re gonna love it Fi. I had one on a loan for a few days. My experience was great except for getting it to open to release my rope. I think a lot of this was due to improper settings and possibly the fact that I had the franken-kimbo. One of the earliest versions with some of the upgrades, but not all. Also had been passed around a lot. Other than that it was a dream to climb on.

It can be a bit of a struggle to learn it's eccentricities for opening. I found that regular and liberal application of graphite power to lubricate the pivot points helped quite a lot.

If one knuckle jams, you can't open the Akimbo. On mine, it was the center of the top X. A couple drops of ATF solved immediately the issue.
To ease the opening, be sure to well align the 5 pivot points before trying to put it in the triple X form.

I still think that his design is genius.

Yes, it took me a while to figure out the opening...thank goodness for YouTube.
I have practiced the positioning for opening and closing.
The weather has finally improved should get a test ride very soon, I want to try it first before committing to doing a job on it.

If one knuckle jams, you can't open the Akimbo. On mine, it was the center of the top X. A couple drops of ATF solved immediately the issue.
To ease the opening, be sure to well align the 5 pivot points before trying to put it in the triple X form.

I still think that his design is genius.

I'm in complete agreement, M-A.

It can be a bit of a struggle to learn it's eccentricities for opening. I found that regular and liberal application of graphite power to lubricate the pivot points helped quite a lot.

I just use brute force.

It works fine:)

I don't know Burnham. I think you and Stig are both going strong. I just hope that I can continue to climb like you guys when I am in my 60's. Ever since my heart attack 6 months ago, I just don't seem to feel the passion like I used to.

Sorry for the derail...I will post more about it later on the heart attack thread that I started awhile back.

Mate, it takes a while to recover, both physically and mentally, but indeed, it could be a 'fork in the road' for a change in how you do things. That would not surprise anyone.

Back