This is the Akimbo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i think maybe the thing to do is send one out to make the rounds. i only have a couple of hand made units at the moment, and wont have quantity for a month or two likely. i think i can spare one for the elders ;)

Very generous, Jaime. Put me on the list, and I'll promise to turn it around without undue delay. But I say send it to Dave first, if he's willing.

.... But I say send it to Dave first, if he's willing.

Well, I surely would love to try out such a beautiful piece of climbing art but geez, my opinions on such things is no better than that of the rest of you guys. I am just an old climber enjoying what these new tools bring to our trade. There are lots of better and smarter climbers in the house and I always listen and learn from their posts. Constantly amazed at what I don't know.

Well, I surely would love to try out such a beautiful piece of climbing art but geez, my opinions on such things is no better than that of the rest of you guys. I am just an old climber enjoying what these new tools bring to our trade. There are lots of better and smarter climbers in the house and I always listen and learn from their posts. Constantly amazed at what I don't know.

And you are a humble man as well. I value any and all input. having stared at it and thought about how to accomplish aspects of the design, it becomes easy to loose sight of the forest for the trees as it were. i can never look at it as a first impression, but you guys certainly can. i think by the end of the week i will have a unit ready to go. At the gtg i promised Bob stewert first go, and Cursedvoyce never got the chance to play with it. Dave and Burnham i would love to hear from. on down the list in order of request here is as good a system as any. i should even be able to put together a second and maybe a third unit. this is exciting!

Looking at it again, it really is gorgeous.

I was wondering, I see the cam that grabs the rope, how do you release it to descend?

Yes, I tried it. . . best thing I've seen out there, and this is only a prototype!! Where do I place an order?

Jaime: You should always run the first test runs on the inbred... just sayin'... if stuff doesn't work out, you're just cleansing the gene pool for posterity.

Looking at it again, it really is gorgeous.

I was wondering, I see the cam that grabs the rope, how do you release it to descend?

pulling down on the top arm releases it, just like the Bone and RopeRunner.

Very nice, the design is lovely!
Don't suppose there's a chance of an offshore tester going around...

unfortunately, my green and yellow overlords have had me working overtime the last couple of weeks. we are understaffed and work is pouring in. im exhausted. really hoping i can get an elders akimbo made this week. fingers crossed

Back