This is the Akimbo

Been so wet and busy bidding I haven't even put mine on a line yet. I dig the new upper spring, I think it'll last much longer than the previous one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I gave up on tachyon years ago, before I ever switched to srt or thought about making my own ascender. I think it's poison ivy I'm my videos. It definitely does need a bit of working in before it really smooths out. Keep at it.

Jamie, do you have a link to a vid (i am sure you posted it) or information on how to go about tuning the Akimbo.

I seem to remember the video saying adjust the top first till it runs up and down and then adjust the bottom...? Am I right?

Cant wait to get ahold of mine.

Thanks.

Getting some wear and a custom to the adjustments,loving this thing. Haven't had any tall trees yet,biggest maybe 50',I am anxious for a bigger climb with this bad mother !

🙄

I don't think it's my kinda weather you got going there Stephen lol,I hate getting my gear all muddy!😖

Well mine turned up this morning and finally getting my hands on it now I can see why it's taken time, Jaime your attention to detail and perfection is amazing it's like the Swiss watch of climbing devices. Really looking forward to having a go! Well done and thanks for the chance to get our hands on one!

I can't even imagine what sort of mind it takes to visualize this thing, then build it and refine it and get it to work as sweetly as it does. I am impressed beyond the moon.

I'm so glad you got your Akimbo, Burnham. Jaime has done an absolutely amazing job!

The weather here has been crap so I really haven't been able to give it a good workout, even so I have noticed a couple of things worth mentioning. The contact patches on the anodized aluminum is a bit rurough and I expect settings and performance will change substantially as it wears off.

Also, if you look closely at the bottom aluminum contact area, just above the rope groove, there is an ever-so-slight bulge. What this will do is create additional friction when the Akimbo is tending slack, especially when limb-walking with the tail at an off angle. Not a problem and it will wear in but it could discourage some first time users.

I was bailing in the smoothest fashion the first time I rode it after really dialing it in at the shop. Need to ride it DdRT now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm so glad you got your Akimbo, Burnham. Jaime has done an absolutely amazing job!

The weather here has been crap so I really haven't been able to give it a good workout, even so I have noticed a couple of things worth mentioning. The contact patches on the anodized aluminum is a bit rurough and I expect settings and performance will change substantially as it wears off.

Also, if you look closely at the bottom aluminum contact area, just above the rope groove, there is an ever-so-slight bulge. What this will do is create additional friction when the Akimbo is tending slack, especially when limb-walking with the tail at an off angle. Not a problem and it will wear in but it could discourage some first time users.
The rope channel is definitely something I'm looking at. I think it will be easy to change the path of the cove in the face of the cams to give a little more clearance.

Back