This is the Akimbo

The anodizing on the cams is a bit rough and made the release somewhat a little jerky at first. Plus, it's the learning time, so the body needs some delay to control it. When the surface wears out, it becomes smooth and so does the release. Now it's fine (for my slow pace).

I had one issue with the opening. No problem to make the Akimbo straight, but the quarters didn't want to rotate to take the double X shape. Turned out that the top knuckle was grippy. A tad of ATF solved that nicely.

For the topic....

I love my Akimbo on Blaze and Kernmantle blue....

The Akimbo for everything except nasty pitchy shit. Too pretty for that.... I use the rope wrench for all the dirty jobs.... that thing rips.

I never got into the hh, I still have it, just never tried it correctly. I had it spun around backwards...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You should be impatient.
Those of us who have been using it for a while now, simply love it.

Just had to rub your nose in it, sorry.

Sylvia is presenting at TCIA expo and I had her swing by the Rock Exotica booth. They still will not give a firm release date, just that it will be soon.

Attachments

• 20171103_123123[462] (2).jpeg
    20171103_123123[462] (2).jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 95
Very pretty.

I rather like having the early release version, but that's just braggadocio.
:)

No it ain't.
Those of us who made it possible for Jaime to make the Akimbo into an item worth producing should be proud of it.

I agree with both of you. I am happy to have one of the original go fund me Akimbos. Sylvia said they were still needing to get it certified and needed to make a few other changes like using rivets instead of bolts. That all sounds like more time than "soon" to me, hope I'm wrong though.

they're telling me spring 2018. im going to have 100 of the first batch set aside for the gofundme donors who didnt get the silver version. we spent a fair bit of time the last month making sure all of the critical components could be redundant without changing the design too much. definitely looking at using rivets for all the joints that never have to come apart.

Good that you came out with an update.
You got to realize that a LOT of people are waiting for this to come out.

Personally I'm completely cool about waiting, since I have 3 of the first batch............................................:P

Back