This is the Akimbo

I'll take one any way I can get it at this point! Any updates??? 😇

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8ea13ab992c555cfae3c84416cb74c23.jpg

Wow Jamie I didn't realize the thread was so huge here. I just spent my whole snow day reading this.

Man! Every single time I'm up in a tree now I start thinking about this thing and if it would make what I'm up to safer/easier/more fun.... I'm parched for updates! Videos? Pictures? Gratuitous marketing efforts? Anything?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z0T447OtoaQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

O.k. that kid seriously just owned it on your rig Jaime. It's my honest gut feel that if I were spurless pruning in a tree next to that kid... he would just plain put me to shame. I gotsta get me some kit.

Where's that kid from? Spoke like an East-coast Canukian. :barf:

Btw, it weirds me out a bit to see people climbing over cement, anyone else feel that way?:|:

Me too, I just don't love it, just psychological though.

Does anyone know what type of carabiner Jim is using to attach the Akimbo to his harness?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Quick update on where things stand at the moment. From the few tester I've sent out I'm getting a lot of great feedback. There are so many little details that can make a big difference! I'm looking at installing a bushing on the upper and lower cam bolts so that the cams are free to turn but the bolts can be torqued down. I'm looking at tuning in the leverage the lower cam puts on the arm so that the akimbo works for the widest range of climber weights possible and so that it grabs solid but releases easy... More soon

Back