This is the Akimbo

Porkbrick

TreeHouser
those of you who know me may know that im never content with using stuff off the shelf as it were. im compelled to modify or make my own. this is my attempt at a mechanical srt device. as of now ive only made them by hand in my woodshop. still a lot of testing to do and some details to sort out. as soon as i have quantities on hand im hoping i can recruit some guinea pigs to try it out :D. what do you think? IMG_1511.jpg IMG_1505.jpg IMG_1513.jpg IMG_1506.jpg

I wanted to try it at the GTG. But Katy was having horrible pain and I had to rush to get stuff out of the tree and get her home.
Poor Jamie.. I had to run up the tree with the Wraptor making all kinds of noise :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wanted to try it at the GTG. But Katy was having horrible pain and I had to rush to get stuff out of the tree and get her home.
Poor Jamie.. I had to run up the tree with the Wraptor making all kinds of noise :(

all that air pollution!

Very cool. I'd love to do some lab rat runs on it... Looks like it could even be a great lanyard adjuster. I'm always after a mechanical lanyard that can somewhat conquer our outrageous pitch up here.

i havent had much chance to get it pitchy. the hybrid oar i made did quite well covered in sap.

I finally gunked up the hybrid. Took a few trees with out cleaning it. But finally. A little solvent fixed it right up. Until the next few pitchy ones. :lol:
Over all, it worked better than a lot of things would. Interested to see how the new version is.

Wow beautiful Jaime, I am so stoked to try this thing out! I haven't logged on in ages (been absolutely slammed with work), but I happen to log in 4 hours after you posted this!! Whatever I have to do to try this thing out I will! After talking briefly with Claasen at Jambo I've been drooling to see it, looks beautiful.

jp:D

I second that this is a work of art, I don't have an artistic bone in my body so just shot for functionality. Looks like you got em both nailed!!

that is the million dollar question blacksmith. im making minor tweeks to the design at the moment so i can have a batch of 100 made by a cnc shop. they will be 7071 aluminum and load testing can commence post haste.

Looks sweet. I won't volunteer to test it though. I'm not quite ready for that yet. Remember I was on a taught line up till a little over a year ago. Still a bit behind the new age. I'm glad there are climbers out there who can think this stuff up and bring it to life.

A cool looking work of art that seems very compact. Much thought and many hours work has obviously went into it's design and building. I'd be happy to to be on the GP team as well

That thing is nicely small!

Congrats on creating that, I think most of us have a rough idea of the insane time and energy that go into creating that finished product from just an idea.

Jaime...if you would undertake the input of an oldster, plenty of old school SRT basics and enough exposure in working with the current work positioning SRT systems to be at least useful to some degree, I'd love to give it a spin and report back.

But for my money, in your shoes I'd send one to DMc before anyone else. There, you'd get the very best review from the most knowledgeable fellow regarding hybrid SRT systems on the planet, just my humble opinion but I dare anyone to argue the point:).

Back