This is the Akimbo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMG_2864.jpg IMG_2865.jpg
first ten have been shipped! tonight im putting 4 more together and that makes 12 ill be sending over to Europe on Monday. :D:D:D:D

Thanks Jaime,
It's beautiful!
There's a bit of snow here, so it'll wait to head up a tree for another day or two...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i just emailed you the tracking info Willie. i suspect bad weather between here and oregon is playing a part.

Good demo, Nick, of the Akimbo. Slow mo worked well to show the "dynamic belay" when you let go of the device. Thanks for the show...looking forward to more!

Let me say this that slow mo belay as you guys call it is far more impressive that one understands. I have set mine to where it almost can't be shock loaded. As in an overloaded situation results in a slip. I have set it to where it takes a manual action to set it hard. I have set it to where it grabs super hard Instantly. All these mentioned setting are just one hole away. It is so adjustable and replicable. Meaning if I know that Aztec works well on 2 2 and velocity on 3 2 I can switch between ropes seamlessly. If I am doing a bunch of spar work and I want it a little a loose cause all I am using it for is a repell device easy work just tick the a eccentric back a hole and off to the races. Again though it is easy to return to the previous setting.

I'm so totally waiting and buying the commercial version of this. No question. Wrench is just fine for now. . .

I liked that quick review Nick 8)

This Akimbo is the "Epicenter" of all mechanical devices, nothing comes close to this friction device......

Sweet picture of the finished product.

Great review Nick...looking forward to the rest of you posting stuff!

I sware Porkbrick has his on tachyon in some of his vids but I can't really get it dialed on that line... I will try again.

Just picked up my new Akimbo! Beautiful! Jaime, you have outdone yourself! The improvements over the original prototype are many. It is obvious to me that you never stopped thinking of ways to make this a better tool and you have succeeded.

Something else that is obvious to me, as you have said, Jaime, is that this tool will take some bedding in before it will show its true character. New users will need some patience and understand that it will just keep getting better. One area that might need some special attention is the upper spring cam. Mine was sticking a bit so I gave it a shot of silicone. All good now.

Back