This is the Akimbo

not all 25 will break. i figure there are so many different ways to rig a test that the more the better. CE would be awesome. ive had one european outfit offer to get it started

It may cost you some but hopefully you'll have enough funds for that, don't be put off by the process, it's all about records, description of methods, manufacturer and tests.

Or so I'm lead to believe.

Disclaimer:
I may have omitted or fabricated some information.

Completely depends what CE cert you get. Act Safe who make motorized rope ascenders have a CE cert that show that they adhere to strict machining standards, nothing to do with safety on rope just how it's made. At one point, not sure if it still is but Harkens ascender had a CE sticker on it that was for the rope used, not the device. We finally got one for the Wraptor for the machinery directive that basically lists all the hazards inherent with the task and you list how you have designed around those hazards. Nobody knows what CE certs are for other than the lawyers.....

I couldn't agree more.
Lack of CE certs was what got me failed at the ISA/ETW certification.
Bullshit!

The side loading worries me too (but it's the only one).
When you come down over a limb, there is a point where all your weigh could hang side way on the device (eventually with some momentum), especially if you have nothing under you to put a foot on. At this moment, the device tends to be side folded by the rope, just at the level of the center link arms.
It's the same way to open the trilock carabiners unexpectedly.
It doesn't occur very often but still...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To the masses? In theory I will be set to make as many as needed before summer. If someone wants to licence and mass produce, that will take longer.

Have joined the Treehouse about ½ a years ago.
Ther is a loooong line of us waiting for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i hope i dont sound dismissive. i have a list of the people who were able to donate to the gofundme camaign. they will be first in line. after that it will have to be first come first serve. i sincerely think that everyone who wants one will get the oportunity. right this moment Idont even have one for myself!:|:

The climbing and the trees as its selfe I think.

I can wait. I have already read the thread and know the list is long.

Good man. Welcome to the Tree House forum. My name is Tim.

This is a great group of people to learn from. I'm not a pro arb, so I can attest to how nice and patient everyone is with new guys like me.

Make good use of the search function in the forum to find a lot of great, old threads that answer a ton of questions. One "must read" thread in particular is the long one about the Rope Wrench and Hitch Hiker.

I hope to read more from you in the future.

Tim

Thanks for the advice.
I've already read a lot in the Rope Wrench and Hitch Hiker thread. You are right there is a lot to learn from.

Back