Spellfeller's Continuing (Mis)Adventures Aloft

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So you know that part when you're psyched to pull the super HD video of your awesome treecuttery off your el cheapo GoPro clone, and it turns out you had an extra button press in there somewhere, so when you thought you were pressing "on" you were actually pressing "off" and there is exactly ZERO video of your awesome treecuttery? (But lots of evidence of your asshattery...)

Ergh. :X

What was salvageable is HERE in an attempt to poke some fun at my shocking button-pushing ineptitude...:|:

Peter, you do NOT want to see ANY artwork produced by me. Instead, here are a few visual aids:

I could not do this:
tenor.gif

Instead I did this:
tenor.gif

Which had a similar effect on efficiency as this:
tenor.gif

:lol:

Over the past few weeks, I've hung and and trimmed out two stands, put in a mineral lick, and got my pop-up blind set on my private land spot.

I've also done a LOT of online scouting of the public land near me. I've not hunted it before, but I don't want to go banging around in there so close to the season. (Should have scouted last spring before green-up!) I've ID'ed a bunch of saddles, benches, etc. and I think I'll hunt/scout that by creepin' around in a Sapper model Kill Suit.

"Nothin' to see here...I'm just a slow moving shrub!" 8)

Jeff, is your sport cam wifi? If so you can download an app for your smartphone and turn on/off recording from there.

He might have an Afunta like me...no Wifi on my Afunta. It can be tricky to know if cam is on or off if he has Afunta.

Great idea, Peter. I will check...

Gary, I think it's a "DB Power" or sumpthin'...

Over the past few weeks, I've hung and and trimmed out two stands, put in a mineral lick, and got my pop-up blind set on my private land spot.

I've also done a LOT of online scouting of the public land near me. I've not hunted it before, but I don't want to go banging around in there so close to the season. (Should have scouted last spring before green-up!) I've ID'ed a bunch of saddles, benches, etc. and I think I'll hunt/scout that by creepin' around in a Sapper model Kill Suit.
"Nothin' to see here...I'm just a slow moving shrub!" 8)
You've certainly got a ton of public land to scout in that area! I'm sure in those millions of acres you can find some hot spots that are not overrun by other hunters. My Mom and sister live west of you near Franklin.
I hunted in a ghillie suit in 'Bama years ago and was amazed how close game would come as long as the wind was right.
Getting some pics of decent bucks on the lease but I'll have to pull cameras next week. The palmetto berries are getting ripe and we have a real problem with palmetto berry poachers who also like to pick trail cameras.

:lol: love your sense of humour, made me laugh despite no evidence of awesome treecutterry :)

Back