traversing and deadwooding poplars

Definitely looked like fun!

At 4.50ish, what is the purpose of capturing the climb line with lanyard instead of the usual way of clipping to saddle?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Definitely looked like fun!

At 4.50ish, what is the purpose of capturing the climb line with lanyard instead of the usual way of clipping to saddle?

its basically an adjustable redirect . i use it for work positioning , basically a fine tuning for work position. also it doesnt put as much force on limbs as putting your whole weight into your lanyard would , so you can do it out on the tips of branches ...... sorry mate its a bit early , I hope that makes sense

Your getting good with that hook:thumbup:

I edited out about 20 seconds of fluffing around trying to get it set haha but yeah its the bomb, it makes climbing fun when you can just play around and still maintain a good level of production .
@butch monkey fist for traversing hook ? or to smash off deadwood?

I never did any really long traversing. I am by no means an expert - I've done it maybe a dozen times.

Nice work. What was the location? Some park? Can't do what you did up around here, you'd be watching some group of kids running away with your stuff! (Watched it on a phone, didn't notice any ground help)

Nice work. What was the location? Some park? Can't do what you did up around here, you'd be watching some group of kids running away with your stuff! (Watched it on a phone, didn't notice any ground help)

very observant :/: it was at a housing complex in one of the less flash areas but even then ,kids are respectful and keep a distance . my workmate was there, he gave me a yell when people were entering the drop zone but it was a pretty low foot traffic area , Just how i like it .

Its funny you say that about the kids Raj as we left stacks for a team to come the next day and chip............. apparently it looked like a war zone , branches thrown and dragged everywhere , the clean up lads where not happy at all. the kids must of had a great afternoon playing around and causing havoc with out neatly stacked piles.

Back