Tree Wizard vids

Spellfeller

Clueless but careful
Have folks seen this guy's Vimeo channel? Maybe he's a member??

https://vimeo.com/130316308

Just a dozen uploads, but he seems to have a lot of fun & really love what he does. Check out the "back boom" he has one of the cameras on...

I guess dead crispy Eucs must be tougher that one would expect.
That one would have been scary to take down, unless one had previous experience with the species.

The video was anything but interesting. That tree was scary looking. That part caught my eye. The rest was cut and chuck saw work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It WAS deader than dead, Stig!

Fun vid. I think it's neat that some guys take their filmmaking as seriously as their climbing. The editing and soundtrack choices are pretty cool.

The video was anything but interesting. That tree was scary looking. That part caught my eye. The rest was cut and chuck saw work.

I hear you. I was judging it more on the filmmaking.

Plus you've got to remember the audience...anything aloft looks impressive to me! :lol:

Good film making and maybe a real good climber. I simply meant I didn't see any technique used that caught my interest.

I'm guessing eucs get rock hard when dead and stays strong. Which would make the biggest hazard root failure and the whole thing going over.

Tree Wizard's technique on long dead eucs is worth emulating IMO, in that you don't want to shake it or apply rigging forces on it any more than absolutely necessary. Just dropping a large leader in one piece off one side can shake its base and unbalance the tree with bad results, whereas relieving that weight in small increments will not IME.

TW shook that euc more than I'd have no doubt, and dropping that leader that brushed the live euc next to it was an iffy move that close to power lines as well, but overall not too bad IMO.

The less shakin goin on with long dead eucs like that, the longer the climber takin em down will live.
Only a fool'd rock that tree with serious riggin forces IMO!

Boring's nice taking down nasty dead eucs!

Jomo

I like him. Friends/colleagues with him on Facebook. Very skilled climber and very interested in videography. He seems overly preoccupied with safety bureaucracy but a great and tactful person with his beliefs/practices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The private videos of skilled individuals doing practical work in the industry today are amazing. Like August does his. Surely an empirical learning and teaching tool for the newbie to learn from.

Thank to all those that pass on the knowledge of this trade.

I like him. Friends/colleagues with him on Facebook. Very skilled climber and very interested in videography. He seems overly preoccupied with safety bureaucracy but a great and tactful person with his beliefs/practices.

Cool to know, August!

You guys are both doubly talented at your tree work and your filmmaking. Thanks for all the effort you put into both. Your clips are awesome resources for the rest of us to watch and learn from. (Let alone the entertainment factor!)

Looks like an ART Snake Anchor around the foot and ankle, with a biner. Maybe a foot loop.

Someone on Vimeo, send a message and invite the Wizard, ay?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3W_iMve4xvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A real wizard right here.

Daves a great climber and a well respected arborist in Victoria. Has some very cool vids and is great and easy to chat to.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Great to hear, Jake.

He seems like he'd be a fun bloke to hang out with!

Back