Insect and bites

Guys you can hand this guy all the best advice possible but he will never take notice. Its like pissing into the wind. Treestuff have never ever not had anything in stock that i needed to order. Jose will make a million without our advice for sure.

I live 10 minutes from Treestuff and have bought a fair amount of gear from them over the past two years, all of it on a walk-in basis. They are an excellent business and a pleasure to deal with.

Also--like millions of other businesses--they are resellers, and they rely on a huge network of suppliers and shippers for their goods. Through factors beyond their control, they are occasionally out of stock on SOME of the thousands of items they carry. It's happened to me personally more than once. In fact, it happened this week.

In my experience, it doesn't take long at all for them to get whatever you need in, but if you want to argue that they have multiple units of everything listed on their website in every size/length/color, etc. on hand in the warehouse 24/7/365 and never have to backorder or delay a shipment, then you are mistaken.

Jose: Do you know how many cc's that pig has? I notice that Bailey's is almost giving those things away. Gotta be a reason eh?

Tanaka TCS33EDTP-12 Chainsaw 32cc 12'' Bar & Chain
  • 12-Inch top handle chain saw with 32.2cc commercial grade pure fire engine to provide a clean, powerful performance with less fuel consumption
  • Half throttle choke with purge primer bulb for easy start and warm up
  • Automatic gear-driven oiler and a side access chain tensioning providing quick and convenient chain adjustment
  • Sprocket nose bar with Oregon chain provides added control for easier cuts
  • Comes with a 7-year consumer, 2-year commercial and 1-year rental warranty

Can't find them on the Bailey's site, Jed. But at $199, this is pretty tempting as a homeowner top-handle. I'll be interested to see how it holds up for Jose in commercial use.

Why hating on Jose, man? :?

I live 10 minutes from Treestuff and have bought a fair amount of gear from them over the past two years, all of it on a walk-in basis. They are an excellent business and a pleasure to deal with.

My wife would be very upset with me if we lived only a short drive away from that place. :D
Ordered a Sequoia last Fall after Expo, and it was back ordered for about a month or so.
I called them thinking the order might have got lost in cyberspace, and Nick offered to ship me a TreeMotion for the same price. They go out of their way to make things right.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am not sure what will it be but, it is not a popular brand, I did buy it with a understanding that price was unusual for this kind of tool. This is the most I can offer you, if it continue working after I get back my initial investment ,it all profit. Now it has provide excellent performance until now, and it has generated $425.00 more that double the cost. I think is great . Now I cut be on the money when it comes to why so cheap. I remember that finding the replacement chain was painfully hard. However I got the simple answer , the replacement is not found under Tanaka, it is found under hibachi. So I think customers ask to buy a replacement and the sellers can find the replacement. It cut be just that. The replacement is the same use in 4he electric hibachi. But is no specify anywhere in the product manual. I did figure it out and it took no time to find 2 replacements. That is all I can think. Over all I am happy with my little demon.

Why hating on Jose? , Well, as Much I can tell, I am opening a small business ,did not have to endure any abuse to become owner, do not have years of experience and asking about what I do not know seam to upset some, it do not matter there are good people still giving good advice to me, and they do not seam upset that I take what I need for what I am doing now. When anyone give me advice I do evaluate how it apply to what I am doing. If it not apply to my operation at this time, I ask for more advice . Seam that if you use your brain to evaluate the usefulness of advice you are wrong. Strange, I am my own boss in my small business , and I am very happy with my boss, he pay me 100% of the take. That with out having to endure any abuse. So I ignore the hatters and concentrate on those willing to teach.

Southsoundtree also point me on that direction (1/2" stable braid and 1/2" arborist block should be plenty. Safe Working Load would be around 900 pounds, probably plenty for any pull-over that you should be taking on at this point)
what you know about those rigging rings, I watched the video on the use of the rigging rings. I was thinking on getting 3 loops to cut and straight down drops . In the video the guy put it around the piece hi is cutting and when hi cut it slide to the base of the tree on a rope . The loop and the ring prevent it from rolling away, and there will be no need for a 2 man down. I know it will be and up and down process, but for now it make sense for what I am doing.

what you know about those rigging rings, I watched the video on the use of the rigging rings. I was thinking on getting 3 loops to cut and straight down drops . In the video the guy put it around the piece hi is cutting and when hi cut it slide to the base of the tree on a rope . The loop and the ring prevent it from rolling away, and there will be no need for a 2 man down. I know it will be and up and down process, but for now it make sense for what I am doing.

I got a regular garden extendable polesaw it is heavy as heck, so the question is, how much use will really can expect to get of a professional polesaw. Those bit pricey , what you think?

I don't have a clue to what a commercial gas powered pole saw cost because they are all heavy and I'll just climb to where I'll cut. Sorry Jose. I did deal with a nest of the nastiest damn insects on this planet today. Damn hornets. At least I saw it before starting the climb. SRT'd up close and sprayed two cans worth on them. Dropped out, knocked the nest down with my rope, and added another can to make sure. Bastards bothered me all day but never got hit thank God.

I frequently just use a ladder & small chainsaw than struggle with a pole saw. I rarely use a polesaw in a tree.
Also have a Stihl telescoping model (131?) that tends to wear me out (shoulders) worse than going up and down a ladder.
1/2" rigging rope is all you need, Jose. Particularly at this juncture of your blossoming career.
Rings are ok. I've got a bunch of 'em. But I'm especially fond of the little green ISC block.
I'm self-employed, and I my boss is a heartless cold-blooded jerk. Hasn't given me a pay raise in 25 years.

image.jpg

I agree...we have a Stihl Kombitool powered pole saw. I used it last week in a tree for the first (and probably last) time....not a simple proposition...ungainly, plays hob with positioning and balance.

What the boss said. That's what I meant. I'll just climb up the tree to make the cuts. It's been over two years since I used one. If I remember right they vibrate a ton. That'll wear you out as fast as the weight.

ok, I am getting a block for when the choice of dropping straight down will impact negatively the customer yard, Flower bet... the rings I am thinking for areas where dropping will have little to non negative effect . Give your boss a 2 week notice, tell him that you are considering a better offer, see if hi give you a raise,LOL

Ok, fancy pole not a good investment ,go it.

You're talking about a Vertical Speed Line. Rings will work, but you have to thread the eye every time. A steel biner on a piece of rigging rope tied as a sling,will do the same job. For example, A 10' piece of 1/2" rigging rope, clove-hitched to a piece of trunk wood (use two half-hitches to secure the clove), tied to a steel carabiner with an Anchor Bend, which is clipped to the Vertical Speed Line.

As for the warranty on Stihl products, you get 2 years here, except on the pro saws, where it is one.They have to comply with local regulations.
Since I could wear a limbing saw out in a year in my pulping days, no wonder they don't give a 2 year warranty on them.

A good dealer is worth more than a 2 year warranty IMO. One who is big enough to have smoe clout with the mother company and is willing to use it to help you out.
I have never had a problem with a Stihl product within the year, that hasn't been sorted out for free.

To get a clue as to why some people here are "hatting" ( It is hating, hatting is probably something only mad hatters do!) on you, you might take a loook in the mirror.
Most of us here have spent a good part of our lives learning this trade, and we are very proud of what we do and our skill set, that kinda goes with the territory, when you hang on an arborist forum in your off time, it is because you have a more than usual interest in your work.

Then here comes a guy, thinking he can just start out with no training and do the job as well as the rest of us.

Jose', I have worked in trees for 40 years next year. Spent years travelling the world, working in different countries, learning other ways of doing things. I regularly visit other members here and pick up stuff from them.
I've educated a slew of apprentices over the years, who are all doing well in the business today.
In short, I've spent an ungodly amount of time trying to get good at this.

Then here comes a guy ( Who BTW, probably partly because of lack of language skills, comes across as somewhat arrogant) who thinks that all he needs to do the same is to buy a saw and some gear.

Want me to turn around, so you can piss on my other leg, too?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=half-hitches&view=detailv2&&id=156BE5764D8B1D02B323595FEE64361078560092&selectedIndex=15&ccid=0Dfj8%2bGR&simid=607994849517371883&thid=JN.hYEok4mZUrvPiHXdv5Q7%2fA&ajaxhist=0

Ok, I got it, I am going to buy 5 steel carabineers those plus 5 ,10' pieces of 1/2 rope(16 strand ?) , would you think that getting those with a saw eye be best, it will take less room that making a knot for the carabineers it will be clip ready. what you think.
Jose, just buy an extra hundred foot hank of 1/2 stable braid and cut a few various lengths for your slings. All those splices will cost you a ton.

How about half inch three strand and make eye splices himself? Three strand splices pretty easy.

And, Stig...perfectly stated. I concur with your view of the situation...no hating here...just frustration and consternation.

Simple tied dead-eye slings will work most easily, and cheaply.

Diameter of rope depends on loading. 3/8" might be good enough for most. 1/2" three-strand might be fine. 1/2" stable braid (double braid) should be plenty, since the ground take the most force.

10' might be too short or too long. Depends on if you're dropping a 3' tall x 1' wide piece or something shaped differently. Depends if you want to tie in the middle of the work piece or if near the end will work.

Tie some different pieces and estimate what lengths you will need.

Hard-lay three strand will take a beating. Easiest to splice. I don't splice.

Clove hitch, plus two half hitches!!!!!! Clove hitches with a tie-off have 'rolled out'/ come untied, and killed people.

I think a lot of people can share Stig's feelings on the subject.

Nobody here is trying to squash a new guy, start-up.

Bite you tongue, learn what you can, accept that there is way more to know than you knew existed about technical, higher-skill set proper tree work (like the rest of us when we started). Low and Slow when trying/ learning new things.

Boooom!!!! Stig,oh so on the nails head! He won't understand your truth,will get filled under "hatters gonna hat", actually,I'm hatting big time right now.

a4bba19e2d07ac7f4ac4efa30d713d57.jpg

Back