Insect and bites

I remember now....I think you said you had a Kask on order. Makes sense.

Considering some guys use zero PPE at least you have something to get you by.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did, ask on a email. It was a presume date, that was yesterday. I just got a $250,000 loan approved for my business. It is interesting that I have not file for a loan. Some how some company got hold of my info and call me with one of those preapproved loan.LOL
G, I cut buy alot of gear with that scrach,LOL

Yesterday those drorm mosquitoes eat me alive, I did not notice untill today. I was to busy try to get the job done before dark. I getting esay off next time.

I did not have all my gear,and learning that this is hard work. I need better boots my military boots got no traction left. I got to check what is available Getting to trust on the gear is not easy.

So reality is beginning to bite eh? Slow and easy, it will get better with time.

Well I got no slow or medium speed, so I only understand full speed, I am making money, I will keep it up until there is no more money to be make. What I am saying, there is always money to be make. Sad news got no respond fron C, C is my contact at tree stuff, she have to be off today, she always respond quickly, I will try her tomorrow again, I need my order. If someone care to suggest a brand on rigging rope on the 3/4 thickness I am listening. Also a strong pulluy, is on my list of must get, I do not care if the pulley is heavy as long it hold to the work load. Big strong that is the ticket.

What you are calling a "pulley" is usually referred to as a "Block".

there is an old saying: "slow is smooth...and smooth is fast"
You might want to get a "sling" to go with it for attaching it to the tree. There are several kinds...I like a "loopie" they are easy for me me to adjust and set up..

The best way to get a tree job done quickly is to think and have a plan. Notice where you can save time and effort through efficiency. Make each movement count toward getting the job done as efficiently and safely as possible.

As an example: when you have just finished cutting where you are tied in and are ready to move to the next spot to tie in, see if you can tie in where you can make multiple cuts instead of just one.

Little thing like this, used through an entire tree, can save a lot of time and effort. If you watch most experienced climbers, they don't look like they are hurrying (they probably aren't), but they get a lot done through putting some thought into the job and saving as much effort as they can.

It helps save energy for those longer days too...

Peter, if your referring to the 3/4" rope, I agree, it's quite big, and would be very heavy ot pull up into a tree. I've rarely ever used my 5/8" for anything but pulling trees over.

Rigging in a tree I'll stick with 1/2" most of the time and might pull out the 9/16 for what is big for me.

Jose, the smaller the rope the less weight you have to deal with hauling it up into the tree. Also, The bigger piece you take out of the tree the more violent reaction the tree has to the piece coming off. For the amount of experience you have I would suggest a good 1/2" rigging line for in the tree..9/16 at the most.

I use these: http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=3&item=36
http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=3&item=1443

There are other brands, and they may have certain advantages to make others like them better...it's just what I've found I like to use. It is to your advantage to know the different kinds of weight ratings for every rope and sling you have to use. This will help you be able to work within safe limits while not going way overboard with whatever system you are using.

hope this helps some.

What you are calling a "pulley" is usually referred to as a "Block".

there is an old saying: "slow is smooth...and smooth is fast"
You might want to get a "sling" to go with it for attaching it to the tree. There are several kinds...I like a "loopie" they are easy for me me to adjust and set up..

The best way to get a tree job done quickly is to think and have a plan. Notice where you can save time and effort through efficiency. Make each movement count toward getting the job done as efficiently and safely as possible.

As an example: when you have just finished cutting where you are tied in and are ready to move to the next spot to tie in, see if you can tie in where you can make multiple cuts instead of just one.

Little thing like this, used through an entire tree, can save a lot of time and effort. If you watch most experienced climbers, they don't look like they are hurrying (they probably aren't), but they get a lot done through putting some thought into the job and saving as much effort as they can.

It helps save energy for those longer days too...

Great post, Fiddler! Thanks for sharing the mindset of an experienced arborist. I will keep this advice in mind, and try to put it into practice. Your description of experienced climbers looking as though they are not in a hurry, but still getting a lot done, is really cool to me. Speed via having a good plan and eliminating wasted movement. Being calm, relaxed and in control, just efficiently plugging away at the job. I need to work on this planning aspect.

Thanks again for the great post.

Tim

Your welcome, most everyone learns this eventually, but some only because they are getting older and have to do it that way...much better on the body to start out that way...I started out from high school into setting concrete wall forms...I learned early to do hard work at a pace i could continue at all day and make the speed come through efficiency. :D

1/2" stable braid and 1/2" arborist block should be plenty. Safe Working Load would be around 900 pounds, probably plenty for any pull-over that you should be taking on at this point. Rig small and learn to work your way up. I rig mostly on 1/2" three-strand (seems to hold less water), with a 9/16" Stable Braid as rarely needed. A lot has to do with how much room you have to lay rigged wood down. Usually if I'm wanting more than 9/16", I am using a crane.

At this point, I wouldn't suggest taking on jobs that require large rigging gear. Knowledge shouldn't be your weak link.

A break-away lanyard for your saw is important, in my opinion. Some sort of weak link that isn't your body, by way of your harness. Looked like a sewn eye-and-eye sling. Couldn't be sure.

Yellow jackets pack quite the wallop.

This one was hell bent to do damage, me or my horse must have stepped on its family or something. It came after the horse first and I think it got stung. It was kind of interesting to see how the horse seemed to know immediately this bee had intent and wasn't just doing a fly by.

Animals are amazing sometimes. When the tsunami hit that beach, whatever country it was, they said the animals seemed to know. I was out in the field last weekend and there usually is an abundance of barn swallows. There was not a one and there were possible severe storms predicted . It gave me pause but turned out to be a false alarm.

look at the alternative ,and warranty was the driving factor, 2 years commercial , stihl 3 months, not what you expect from a so call top brand. Why they do not back there products . The tanaka work very well you got to chock the first 2 pulls when it sit for few min, not a problem when hot ,I do turn it of right after each cut. That is mostly for my safety, light fuel consumer, little bit ,now it drip oil when flat on the floor, I have to look why. over all, $200.00 I call it little demon, it cut very well.

http://www.tools-plus.com/tanaka-tcs-33edtp-12.html?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=froogle&utm_term=TANTCS-33EDTP-12&gclid=Cj0KEQjw58ytBRDMg-HVn4LuqasBEiQAhPkhurBEJiZYQT77P8e-SyE74rS9wwbeU7vwOM7RrPBdzcIaAsJ78P8HAQ

Guys you can hand this guy all the best advice possible but he will never take notice. Its like pissing into the wind. Treestuff have never ever not had anything in stock that i needed to order. Jose will make a million without our advice for sure.

Jose: Do you know how many cc's that pig has? I notice that Bailey's is almost giving those things away. Gotta be a reason eh?

Back