Insect and bites

Jose A Ruiz

TreeHouser
Well it is like this what can you tell me, what do I need to know. Pictures of those insect, that will surprise the heck out off me. I will thank you. This got me, over 200 of this got on me and sting the fluck out of me. I was digging some bamboo and, I was sorprize 20150719_091356.jpg
This are yellow jacket, it look like a bee, however they ar e not.

Last edited:
Carry Wasp & Hornet spray with you, preferably the non-staining type if you have to spray a customer's house. If you see them coming out, keep spraying where they are coming out from, then run like hell. They are very aggressive and will chase you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They did,and sting the heck out of me. Thank for the suggestion ,I will buy few cans and keep them in the vehicle .

Last edited:
Good idea. I disturbed a nest once that was on a roof in a pile of dead leaves up against the chimney. Nowhere to run to baby, nowhere to hide!

The venom gives me a buzz when I breathe deep and don't panic.

Hay I was ichy all night and still am, I got over 30 sting only in my back, few in the neck and arm.
Hay just came from the court house, the law say, I only need to keep with in the county regulation. The county agent review the rules with me, I do not need to do anything I am in compliance. Got a permit to run my business. Next insurance & bond.

Last edited:
Jose, I think most of us have been in that situation.
Smarts like hell, but it is one of the hazards of this job.
Just be thankful that you didn't hit a nest while up in a tree.
That is a BAD situation.

which county?

O and if you find insurance @ <$1000/anno let me know!

Not sure what a bond is???

Shit im moving to NC to start up a business!! Too easy!

You would not believe how much compliance is required in CA to be legal!?!

Let me highlight that I am running my business from my vehicle and that reduce my riquierments. If I conduct business directly from my house I will have to comply with the country regulation. The only requirement I will need to comply is parking, if I have workers to come to my house to leave for a job, I can not have more of one vehicle park at my residence. To avoid that, I will gather at a public place for breakfast and head count ,making me in full in compliance. For jobs that require assistance I will have to have safety gear and safety briefing, I am working on what will the requirements from osha will be. Just to be in compliance. I got a order of basic safety gear, reflective best, color code helmets, work gloves, safety glasses. Now each employee will be require to use work boots, that will be there responsibility. Do I miss anything?

Last edited:
Workers comp, is a subject that will need to discuss with the NC department of labor. I do not know the awnser. Will post my findings as soon I found out. Now in my limited understanding workers comp will be base on the type of operation. Been that employment will be temporary, just for the specific job. That may be a determined factor. This is a small business that will be run on a partime bases. Also a factor. Will talk to NC department of labor next week. I am flying solo for now.

In NC, workers comp is only needed for 3+ employees. I had it before downsizing. Jose' will get around it; he's right about the day-labor loophole.
Comp is really corrupt and mismanaged by NC; blatant disregard and illegal avoidance is enforced with wet noodles at worst.

sgriff you will want to stay away from NC; it's been ~100F all summer; hotter than hell and sticky as spit!

Treelooker, when can we talk, If I am off and available on a day you have a job, I cut help you for the opportunity to get some knowledge. If this is ok proposition let me know, so we can attent organizing this.

Last edited:
Jose' I am out of town until July 29. You can send your contact info thru my website. I have a pruning and cabling job in August you might like to help with. I do not do removals; too old for heavy work!

Great offer ! Jose, you would learn a lot working with Guy for a day so. Hope you two get the chance to meet up.

Today I did this, there was a spider web However I cut not see the spider anywhere, it look silky. I thought it look like widow web. However sence the yellow jacket, any bug give me consern. 20150722_193421.jpg
I did not have all my gear,and learning that this is hard work. I need better boots my military boots got no traction left. I got to check what is available . 20150722_193743.jpg
Getting to trust on the gear is not easy.

I am working with what I got, I am waiting on a back order with some of the needed gear, and my helmet kit. Hopefully it will be getting to me soon. My helmet is what is holding the order.

Last edited:
Back