two man crews

I think three is the magic number, even though we operate as a five man crew. Two is great for small jobs..
or if you have a knuckleboom with a grapple saw.

I think three is the magic number, even though we operate as a five man crew. Two is great for small jobs..

Ha! Do you have a mecanil?

I agree, 3 is the magic number.

We are 3, seems to work well.

FJR you should post work pics , would love to see your grapple etc etc.

But with your machines, I bet there is a long drag about 1x/year, maybe twice.

It's rare, but more often than that. The boss might have a lot of big equipment but he still finds jobs that are to tight for any machine to access, and guess who has to do them:|:

No, Willard, I wouldn't be slurring anything quite yet. Like I said, good luck, but as you suggested yourself about not knowing the outcome, so it doesn't seem like Levi's pessimism is entirely unfounded. Some difficulty with less than encouraging input perhaps... From just having fun to head on into tree work is a pretty big transition, maybe he should get a job pumping gas or doing construction for awhile, more kind of ease into labor. We all know the big turnover with tree work. You didn't mention any past work experience, just his ancestors.

Especially working for your old man is often difficult, probably more times than not the friction is an issue, and who the f@ck needs that. It's common practice in some places to have a son that will one day likely take over a business, to go work for someone else in that line of trade for a few years, before coming to have to get along with a father's expectations about something that they don't know anything about from day one. It spreads them out some. You take my inept son and I'll take yours, sort of thing. :lol:

With a two man crew its easy to cross that line where the volume or distance to move it is just bit too much... making a 10 hour day. 3 guys could have done it in 6 or so hours and then hit another job plus gone home fresher.

Back