two man crews

It doesn't seem natural to make little piles, except temporarily when hand weeding. With some of the treasure type gardens here, the weeding and debris picking can get done with a tweezers. Hard to make big piles with a tweezers.

I'm a little piles guy. I like raking but don't want to move the sticks any farther than I have to. Go from pile to pile with the trash can and your outta there. My two man crew partner hates raking he'd rather just waste gas and blow every spec of crud toward the chipper with the backpack to ech their own

Sounds like a perfect fit Willard.

Try and be a little patient though, the father/son dynamic is different to a normal boss/employee one.

Arguments can break out very quickly.

Yes, good luck, hope it works out. I'm trying to think what application flipping the bird has for tree work.

Hope it goes good with your son Willard, seems to work ok for the Mafia...

We rake small piles and I cant fault it at all. A few strokes within a certain radius and then onto the next patch. Then pick up the piles on a trap and out the front it goes. I'd make the analogy that if its bad to make smaller piles then to follow that rationale every piece that comes down cannot ever be trimmed into manageable pieces and removed in stacks- The whole piece no matter how large HAS to be dragged out the front exactly the way it is. Bring it on...

24 and still flipping the bird in photos? I don't know Willard....

I don't normally let my picture be taken, but that's a whole other story.

To be honest though, Willard. From what I know of you from the forum (Not much) and the 4 photos of your son (even less) I'm guessing it won't pan out. Hopefully I'm wrong, if you want it to be a good thing. Best wishes and keep us posted!

Back