Nalini Nadkarni Fall

Omg what a shot.

Interesting body language on the bystanders- the cop couldnt give a shit, 2 rangers helping the process, another ranger giving the body english hoping for the bruin's safe landing

Wow. That's really sad. Was he wearing a hardhat/helmet? If so, I wonder if it got plunked off before he hit. How long ago did that happen, B? That's gotta be pavement or a rock that he whacked his head on eh?

Yes, a well respected climbing helmet many use every day, and yes, onto pavement.

Doubt it, Sean... bit of an oversight. Burnham's conspicuous silence has me thinking it was a Petzl.

Neighborhood climb competition in middle school. broke the record and broke the top out of a white pine. Wind came by. 20 feet to the ground and i never let go of the main stem. got knocked out and had a sore left hip for a while.

When I took my biggest fall, it was instantaneous. I was leaning way out and the limb just snapped like a dry twig. I dropped and was flipped around into a sitting position, still holding my saw. What a rush!!!

Back