New Guy

dstimber

TreeHouser
New to the forum. I just wanted to say thanks for letting me on here. I will go ahead and say I am not an arborist, although I have been dying to get into the profession since I was in high school, it just hasn't happened yet. Has not been much to see in NW tn other that bucket truck work and a very ridiculous machine that looks like a skytrack with a 40' pole saw for a boom. I'm a mill supervisor at my family's sawmill. Not a huge mill but just under 50 employees that includes our logging crew. I've done pretty much everything from weed eating poison oak in the creek banks when I was a kid, to running the place now, and every position in between. I really enjoy reading and seeing the perspective from your points of view. I admire everything you guys do. A lot of what I've seen is truly amazing.. Thanks again! I look forward to all the knowledge Ill gain from here on out!

Welcome to the TreeHouse, brother! What is your first name? Mine is Butch...

So, what are your aspirations, treeworkwise? Do you want to learn how to climb and rig?

How old are you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just saw the new members thread.. Sorry for starting a new one. Ill have to brush up on my forum protocols, its been a while!

Welcome to the house. Lots of great people here who are willing to share their knowledge and experience. I'm Rich.

Thanks Guys, Im 29, well will be in a few hours. Aspirations wise... everything.! Currently work wont let me hunt up a part time job with a tree service. So even tho it isn't the greatest of ideas im having to learn on my own. One day hopefully sooner than later I would like to transition into the tree service world.

haha I suppose it is butch.. thanks again guys! Im going to find the bed its way past my bedtime.

Good self-intro, Denver...glad to have you contribute. We'll look forward to you telling us about your mill operation...would love to see some pictures. Lots of folks here that will be glad to converse and share with you as you explore things arboreal.

Yeah, seeing what happens to trees at the other end of the spectrum would be cool, don't know much about sawmills :)

Back