Airspade cfm?

flushcut

TreeHouser
Yo, Has anybody run an airspade at low cfm? I am toying around with the notion of buying one and the TreeStuff site says it can be used at 15-250 cfm with proper nozzle. Sure obviously performance is going to suffer but how badly? I am not thinking run it at 15 cfm but 35-40 cfm at 90 psi.

Sounds way to low/slow to me. We run 185, I don't think I'd be happy with less than 150

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I figured. I was just throwing it out there. Would you go with a higher cfm compressor if you could? I am mostly thinking about selling root crown exposure, girdling roots and vert. mulching, but I wouldn't turn down billing a root crown redux either tho it might be a tough sell around here.

Don't plan on relying on it at those lower CFMs. It'll work some times. But not when you NEED it.

We've used it intentionally at a low setting in some situation...but usually when you're doing it, you want the power.

love
nick

How far do things fly? depending on cfm.....an effective cfm is like 20 feet of spray?

I have a project where I may need to buy an airspade...to expose some ficus roots to determine impact.

Can an airspace be used to remove bark and take the dirty skin off roots? Is there an attachment that will do that. I've used a similar tool every now and again in a blue moon that will do that, and found it quite handy quick if you'd otherwise be cutting through dirt that would bugger your chain.

Distance depends on soil composition, moisture content and compacting. Suffice it to say, it goes everywhere! 180-210 CFM is what i rent.

Back