New guy question, can branches without leaves just be dormant?

LOL, You god of the tree, can you please owner me with you wisdom, LOL you glorify lumberjacks, less that 10% or arborist do engage on the technical aspects of arborist work, the rest just cut trees, that make you just a glorify lumberjack, it is sad, well there where a few with knowledge to give, however the fear of back slash from the self proclaim experts , force them to suppress them self. It will be great if there was a real debate , however self glorification seem to be the bases of this forum. I thank those that give real advice , I did take notes, I wish we cut meet , the negative tree gods have noting to teach, LOL sure I cut go along and praise you useless advice. But I need it knowledge ,you did not have it. LOL, people with noting to teach me telling me how to go about building a company . If you do not own the company you are just a employee , what do you know . Been here posting about you skills is the most you cut and probably achieve . I know knowing that I am going for the gold, remains you that there are people like me , we are what the USA is all about ,the American Dream. Sad that you give up and embarrassing that you a bunch of bullies dare to crush anyone dream. I feel sorry for those of you that think you have to agreed with the self proclaim experts . Again, thank to those that advice was helpful .

We're not trying to crush dreams. You're just ignorant as frig. I haven't heard a single sentence from you regarding the care of trees, just what you need to work on them and get rich. If you want to build a successful company, have some passion for the trade and self respect.

Microsoft Word. Grammar & Spell checker would do wonders for cleaning up the mumbled mess.

Type it up in Word, check the grammar and spelling, then copy and paste it here to post.

Jose please
Everyone wants to see you succeed.
You have to help yourself 1st. Most of us do not have the patience for questions that have been answered before. Keep it simple and specific.
God love you. Take care:)

Jose, Jose, Jose..............
Please.
I'm a Canadian, eh. Don't lump me in with all these evil Americans that are trying to crush your dreams like a cockroach.
I own a tree company. Been playing this game full time for fifteen years, and part-time for thirteen years previous to that.
btw, I guarantee you that if you had started a dozen threads (or more)on Arboristsite, like you did here, the response there would have been considerably less civil, (but probably more exciting)

In all seriousness, and it's been suggested already, arboristsite.com has an international section, with those who speak Spanish. I'm thinking one problem is the language issue, and it seems that Jose is manifesting this communication problem as a personal attack of some sort, and is lashing out. Kinda like meeting a hot Swedish female tourist, she wants to get to Time Square, and you want to get in her pants, all that happens is nothing but a whole lotta frustration, on both parts.

Now 'bout the lumberjack.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sZa26_esLBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

less that 10% or arborist do engage on the technical aspects of arborist work, the rest just cut trees, that make you just a glorify lumberjack, .

An arborist is not a glorified lumberjack, quite the opposite.:D

It isn't at all a matter of crushing dreams, but doing the things properly.
This job is one of the few most dangerous you can find in our countries. You aren't alone to risk your life, you can easily put in danger your coworkers, the people around, and mess the trees and the properties your are working on or nearby.
The gear just helps but does nothing alone.
You need skill. Really.
You want to learn, good for you. But the theory isn't enough, training is essential, as the other's advices said.

You are like a man who want to become a taxi driver, so he bought a car but has no clue on how to drive it, what is the road code and what are the laws and requirements ...
A lot to learn and practice before taking the first customer for the first ride.

the Taxi statement is a very good analogy.:thumbup:

The same thing came to my mind but I never got it worded this well to write out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No problem for the long dead wood, but for some species, it isn't so obvious if the death is recent or in progress. That's why I don't like to deadwood in winter, because I have to pass too much time to look closely at all the twigs.
Take the walnut for example, it likes to make dead wood everywhere in the crown. Many are twigs on live limbs, but also some beefy ones which the tree just decided to abandon. You don't have many clues to tell if the whole limb (or part of it) is worth to be kept or to be cut. If you miss one, there's of course a good chance that it will be in plain sight when the leaves will come.

Thanks for this post, Marc-Antoine. Much appreciated. Another piece of the puzzle falls into place for me. I appreciate your time.

Tim

For someone with need to know, there are multiple way to acquire knowledge . There is the reading of book and manuals , there is audio, there is video and then practice . In a perfect world I will be available to read and implement the acquire knowledge . However I have learn by doing, video is best, however video lacks the 3D angel need it to understand the necessary adjustments need it on each individual executed action . The best video until now are from this guy, still those are not substitution for hand on. I cut go blind, or I cut ask those that deal with the different techniques . What will be more effective search the library or ask the question . One thread about X topic cut go for10 to 100sof entries . It will take week to get the essence of the a answer . Let evaluate the alternative , direct Q & A or week of unnecessary reading . It is obvious Q&A to be more effective . I did got some useful advice. In fact , some suggestion on educational materials where taken and those educational materials were purchase immediately , I did have to update my order, but I did buy them. Now, because I want to receive all my supplies at the same time, I requested that my supplier hold my order until all my items on my order were available for shipping . I do still will need to Q&A with those that advice the materials . It will be better that just read or video view. That will not be possible with negative people bulling those open to help. If you would been on my side of the screen, it would it been obvious to you how the bullies turn the willing to teach away with there negative comments . Thanks for you kind words.

Using your taxi as a point of reference , I lean mechanics on my own, no teacher to help. That is why I know that fixing a transmission is not something the I can do yet so getting the right tool is as important as knowing how to fix it. Base on the taxi analogy , do not try is best if you let use fix the car. Not really , it is no ok with me, I learn to fix a car I will learn how to do take down a tree from the top down. Still negative on those comments and yet I am still going a head with my little company .

I read a lots of words and my brain is all like...

fbguot.jpg

Using your taxi as a point of reference , I lean mechanics on my own, no teacher to help. That is why I know that fixing a transmission is not something the I can do yet so getting the right tool is as important as knowing how to fix it. Base on the taxi analogy , do not try is best if you let use fix the car. Not really , it is no ok with me, I learn to fix a car I will learn how to do take down a tree from the top down. Still negative on those comments and yet I am still going a head with my little company .

This proves you are not grasping anything about tree work. Erm. You start from the bottom and work up. BYE

North Carolina; what do you expect?

Seriously Jose' if you ever get near Apex look me up; we'll climb a tree or something!

I'm a Tree God but not a bully. ;)

Kudos to you, Treelooker! (we can leave our philosophical tree differences to that Buzz thread, ;)
I'm no bully either, Jose.
I've never forgotten where I came from when I started playing this game.
btw, Jose, if you really want to learn lots, and see tons of the latest and greatest tree stuff, consider going to TCI Expo in Pittsburgh, November 12-14.

Back