Tomato cages.

flushcut

TreeHouser
I am not sure how many gardeners there are at The House. But personally I have no green thumb when it comes to a garden but I have some nice tomato cages. I got the idea from a Youtube video so here are my cages. Image 4.jpg Image 5.jpg Image 7.jpg Image 6.jpg Image 3.jpg A full sheet gives you a 16" X 22 1/2" X 42" tall cage.

I've got the round ready made kind.Some of which although rusty are over 25 years old .

If it's a good year the plants will grow 6 to 8 feet high if I stake them in addition to the cages .

We use old field fencing (plenty around) and rather than bend them together I use wire ties for rebar with the spinner. Makes for easy storage.

Cool, we have over 900 tomato plants in the ground :dur:

Are they REALLY tomato?

Or are you just calling them tomato plants ... lol

I'm running late. My wife is tending 9 raised boxes I built for her in the back yard, with various plants including tomato. Sort of ran behind on cages. I bought a couple of the round kind. But I have about 40 bamboo stakes I made from taking out the bamboo next door. We are going to insert some straight vertical and cable-tie cross pieces and make our own.

I just planted the other 2 boxes that became mine in the front yard, and have one tomato there, where I used the round cage.

Haha, true tomatoes, but we have about 200 of the almost legal type around us. Another hundred supposed to go in right by my driveway, holes have been dug but for whatever reason they haven't planted yet

I don't have the room or sunlight to do that.

Attachments

• 11536144_1103209893040780_4761000973172510677_n.jpg
    11536144_1103209893040780_4761000973172510677_n.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 43
No I can see it's a very British thing although they have similar in France.
It's plots of land allocated by the town council where residents can grow vegetables. You pay a very small rent for your plot and grow vegetables alongside others.
It's a sort of subculture in the UK, men disappearing there for hours to get away from their wives, plus grow veg etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 42
We have then here as well and Russia is full of them, so they are not all that British.

Back