Fishing line awareness

flushcut

TreeHouser
Help spread the word, Clean up your old fishing line. Found this poor guy in a crabapple. Image 5.jpg ( the photo is of poor quality)
Image 4.jpg After I got him out. Hung by fishing line.

Is fi li aw already a thing amongst fishermen or are you starting the awareness right here?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I never thought of starting 'it' but sure if it's not out there already. It was just something that I thought bothersome and never expected to see. This house was on the outlet channel of Delavan Lake and I am sure there are miles of old line around.

Well, good on ya. We should all be mindful of our impact :drink:

Ya know, time to rip a good derail. Living my life, I get the feeling most people don't seem to be much aware of impact, or they don't care much. *People let their cars idle for unnecessarily long periods. *Nobody seems to care that, in my neighborhood, the powers that be decided to nuke thousands of street trees that are near the street powerlines instead of just trimming them as in the past, due to the power outage-hysteria caused by recent 100 year storms. Even though my area is real thick with trees, this tree cutting is unnecessary and hurts the our environment as well as the aesthetics.I personally think it sucks.* Lewis Tree service came thru and nuked most of the trees where I park my trucks, nuked the shade and left a huge huge mess and drove away. I don't believe I knew how much I love trees until they came in and wrecked my parking area, let the sun blaze down where there was shade before, made a stump, brush, and debris wasteland of it.*Why do I see so much roadkill I don't think Ive ever hit a critter. I'm not saying wow Im special, I'm suggesting that a lot of drivers don't do anything to avoid causing roadkill.* Ha lets not even talk about litter. All this stuff might seem nit picky, but, I'm venting about environmental insults I see in every day life.

Every access here to water has line receptacles. Sad.
I question all the same things Cory sure makes it tough to see hope for the future.

Rant on brother. I slow down for sparrows even.
I saw a crow on the shoulder of the road yesterday with two bluejays strafing him and I figured the crow had a baby bluejay so I pulled over and ran the crow off. The baby probably didn't make it but I couldn't stand the thought of him being pulled apart and eaten alive by the crow. I know, it's nature.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think that is an impossibility Boss, but we can stop putting more plastic into the oceans and let momma nature sort out our mess.

We are called knuckle draggers by most of the world, but the regulations I must follow a darn strict set of regulations to put in a septic system.

The rest of the world flushes their turds into the oceans.

Bullshit, Jim.
Our septic regulations are probably as strict as yours.

Of course you don't flush into the ocean, it would take some length of pipeline to accomplish that.

Cory, I got really depressed a couple of weeks ago after I read how in the past 3 years no baby Orcas have been born live and they are not expected to again due to radiation from Fukashima.:( basically they are extinct when the adults are gone. What really bums me out is I have never heard anything about it before. We should be devastated by this.
The president of Tapco said it is too costly to clean up the contaminated water so they are just releasing it into the ocean. WTF?? If some arab even farts their is a multi national coalition there the next day spending billions of dollars to bomb the shit out of them but here is an event that has the potential of killing all marine life and nobody lifts a finger???

We are called knuckle draggers by most of the world, but the regulations I must follow a darn strict set of regulations to put in a septic system.

The rest of the world flushes their turds into the oceans.

I presume you are bragging not complaining, Jimbo.

Back