small log/lumber trailer

toyotadadon

TreeHouser
Hey everyone thinking of building or buying small log trailer that my Tacoma can pull (4900gvw) I like the timbery. http://www.timbery.com/log-trailer.html anyone familiar or run something similar for 1/2 ton truck set up would like a light yet strong so I can pull the max logs possible ..:)
Any thoughts?

Not to be dickish but a bigger truck is the way to go. 3/4 ton minimum. Smaller trucks just don't last, tree work is heavy and breaks lightweight stuff quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will get a larger truck eventually but for now it be nice to keep it small I know tree work is hard on even 1 ton set ups not looking to haul too much just want to haul small
loads maybe single logs...

I will get a larger truck eventually but for now it be nice to keep it small I know tree work is hard on even 1 ton set ups not looking to haul too much just want to haul small
loads maybe single logs...

The timbery looks like it's made to move one big log at a time. Am I seeing that right? Is that the functionality you're looking for?

love
nick

The timbery looks like it's made to move one big log at a time. Am I seeing that right? Is that the functionality you're looking for?

love
nick

Yes I think it would work it was the only one I have seen just wondering if anyone runs log trailer set ups small scale ...

We sometimes use our 1 ton dodge w/ a dually flatbed trailer. Seems to be able to haul about 1500 B.F. at a time. Probably not legal though.

...once you get scaled and get that mill check , you will see one log at a time eats the labor and fuel you have spent getting it to their yard.

Back