should i be worried??

Stevo

TreeHouser
Hey all........ i have a question.......I have been gradually going up this big 'ol oak in my yard trying to get a permanent tie in point way on up there......it was estimated to be about 95-100' tall......another buddy said it looks to be a pin oak....i thought red oak, but i don't have much knowledge on trees.......

Anyways...to my original question, as i was taking a break on a short climb last weekend, i was looking around, and noticed LOTS of little rows of pencil eraser sized holes in some of the bigger leads....

basically like 5-10 1/4" holes spaced about 1/2"-1" apart in horizontal rows. Anyone have any idea what would causing this?

And is it harmful to the health of this big ol brute?

If its harmful to tree, should i attempt to treat myself, or contact a pro?

Thanks in advance.

Stevo

I agree, and that is a nice succinct attachment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nawww.....not quite.....the holes are all about the size of a pencil eraser.... and about the same depth too!

They are all exactly the same size and shape......

kinda like this...

. . . . . .

. . . . .. . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . . . . .

:lol:

sorry...thats the best i can muster up....

Next time i get up there, probably this saturday, ill take the phone with me, and snap a couple pics....

stand-by....

LOTS of trees get sapsucker damage. I've seen maple tops die in a couple trees from it. Mostly, its not a problem, too much. Doesn't help the tree.

Back