chainsaw stand

Szajer

alive with pleasure
20150516_125558.jpg
20150516_130042.jpg

I just had to share this. Its my chainsaw stand fashioned from a bike stand and steel saw clamp. This thing will safely hold my 440 -down to my tree saw. It makes filing a joy, especially since you're not huntched over the powerhead -sharpening, with sweat pouring off you.
I don't know about you guys, but when I'm bent over like that, or cutting a felled tree in that half bent position, it literally kills my lower back.
So if you happen across an add in craigslist for a bike stand, buy it, you won't regret it.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thats one of the ways i was doing it. But being bent over a tailgate still didn't work for me. Plus, I'm stuck at wherever my vehicle is at, usually direct sunlight.
At least with the bikestand, i can move it anywhere i am. And my saw is held perfectly at waist height, or any height i adjust it to.

Hey szajer! Welcome back.
Looks good, little over engineered for my tastes, give it an arb related name like, "The Giant Redwood multi function arb sharpening work station" Sit back watch the millions roll in.

... Nice recycle use , reminds me of the part in "Rebuilding The Indian" where a junkyard differential makes quite the nice Motorcycle stand.

Back