Customers that just........

The added customer, think they own you for the day!!
Nip DAT shit in the butt real quick!!
Sorry had one today.
While your up there can you hit that and that, hold on before you come down can you get that and that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So the guy sent me a text yesterday demanding a reason why I won't do the work and why I am discriminating against him. I said no discrimination what so ever and to stop contacting me or I will consider it harassment and pursue legal action against him. Haven't heard a peep. Thank God!

That's a double edged sword IMO as it can lead to them standing at the base of each tree and pointing at branches "whilst you're up there with the chainsaw, see that one to the right there". When you explain its not included in the price they may want to offer to trade pieces of work whilst the job is underway, you can then pause operations for as long as it takes them to point at all the branches they now want cut and point out those that they no longer want cut because they have changed their minds.:X Some folks can keep this up all friggin day

If a client wants to start directing the work then its gonna be hourly rate and we can talk as long as they want;)

In saying that its definitely wise to summon a client over upon completion whilst the climbing system is still in place, 2-3 extra cuts is easier to handle than an unpaid bill. I think its also handy to point out that these are extras not in the bid rather than just doing as requested without question, these types of customers need to be managed to minimise the extra time they consume. just my 2 cents

Completely agree. I'm just a part time climber, might get 2 climbs a week. The way I set these jobs up if the HO is a bit wishy-washy is it's $X per hour, I have up to X hours available, your grandson cleans up and yes, I'd love to hear 'bout the depression. ;)

So the guy sent me a text yesterday demanding a reason why I won't do the work and why I am discriminating against him. I said no discrimination what so ever and to stop contacting me or I will consider it harassment and pursue legal action against him. Haven't heard a peep. Thank God!

:O ... some people are strange.... sounds like he's a history of pissin' people off.

The added customer, think they own you for the day!!
Nip DAT shit in the butt real quick!!
Sorry had one today.
While your up there can you hit that and that, hold on before you come down can you get that and that.

"Sure I can add that on."

I've been front- floating people at bids lately with "yes, I can do anything you want to your tree. I can bring in a 300 ton crane to take a needle off the top of the tree without touching the rest of the tree, but you won't like the price. I can get anywhere on your fir tree below thetop 15'. Now, more realistically, let's talk about what is reasonable, and what it will take to do specifically what you're after. We can add on to this later if needed. What I'm proposing should satisfy what I'm gathering you want... A,B, and C".

Back