TreeHouser
My new rig's been kickin ass!
bd1adde27f148a9197c2df0d8ebc181d.jpg

676e6aec73c39a790eac94521527b93c.jpg
c5aadb2ca3dc43f9b9d9384c38e3e151.jpg
8d9c8e0367960f6c13e3b380f83f515e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. Super stoked. Good old ALC is right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will nuke your backlog with that rig. ALC rocks!!

That was enough for those cottonweeds? How big of tops were roped?

Both crazy pieces of equipment. Congrats.

A dedicated rear-mount like that is the bomb. I would like a spider lift. It would fit my market better than a bucket.

Someone should design a spider lift that attach's to the flatbed of a regular (with its own outriggers) truck. When you can operate it on the truck, fine. But, when it needs to fit into tight spaces, the spider lift could just roll off.

I mean, you need to transport the SL anyway. Attaching it to its own transport truck would be cool.

A local co has or had a straight boomed spider lift. They would tow it around on a flatbed and the outriggers still reached the ground without removing the lift.

Shoot you could mount that sucker on the back of a dully pickup, would make for quick setup. Something Carl should get on.....

The only problem I see is you'd be looking at a $200k 60-70' lift that's half the speed of a bucket truck or less.

A spider already does that. Outfitting a $40k+ truck to carry the spider to use as a bucket would be tough. Why not spend $8k (guesstimate) and have a trailer built?

That $8k trailer still needs a decent truck to pull that load. Save that cost and just mount the lift on the truck. It sounds like a good and versatile setup to me.

Back