RopeTek Crane Operator Headset

Chris, I have used the small Sena units in the second link and unless you have a need for light weight and compact, go straight to the Ropetek models. The Sena headband units do OK electronically but are much less appropriate for tree work.

The second version fell of my desk, after one day for the crane op, and broke the head band.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Chris, I have used the small Sena units in the second link and unless you have a need for light weight and compact, go straight to the Ropetek models. The Sena headband units do OK electronically but are much less appropriate for tree work.

Sounds good and makes sense to me.

Well thats interesting.

Yeah, that really is interesting. So Paul, are you going to contact Luke and find out what's up? I'd hate to see SENA making money off your name without permission. I went with the real RopeTek Helmetless Communication System for crane operators, as they certainly look stronger and better setup for tree work than SENA's, as David says.

PC is becoming the Amazon of specialty tree gear;)

All I can say about these new headsets is WOW! Thank you Paul, I should have listened to you right away my friend.

Quick question. Can the units be left plugged in at times when they are not being used, to always keep them charged up, or should they be taken off the charger cord when fully charged? Can the units be damaged if kept plugged in?

Sena recommends that they be taken off of the charger after they are fully charged. We went through a few warranty claims to find this out. :)

Really?? We leave ours plugged in all the time in the truck and have for years.

Report on the crane op units, they work well and seem durable and are not prone to "hitting the button" when you put your head back in the crane. Only downside I see is they are super hot to wear and you don't have the ability to use just one muff at a time as with the helmets to air out an ear

Sena recommends that they be taken off of the charger after they are fully charged. We went through a few warranty claims to find this out. :)

Jack, not that I don't believe you, but I couldn't find anything in my SENA User's Guide, stating that they should be unplug and not left for long periods of time on the chargers. Could you show me where this info comes from?

Thanks.

So the crane company that I sub for used my crane headset today and he loved them. He and I had no problem at all communicating while I was making picks, except when we shut the units off at lunch time, we had to re-sink them again? I didn't think that was suppose to happen?

Nope they shouldn't have to be re-synced. Our local crane outfit is fully outfitted with them now since I showed them to them last year.

Whether headsets or integrated in a helmet, hands free communication is a huge game changer imo.

Back