alcohol

frans

TreeHouser
I contracted out a large reputable company to wreak out a major valley oak. at the last part of the trunk, the climber went into a seizure and passed out. Turns out he was withdrawing from heavy alcohol. He is now in hospital for 4 days in an induced coma.
Just wanted to post this to give folks a heads up that what folks do on their own time really effects work. I guess this means that we need to really watch out for each other and make those unpopular calls if we feel the need...
frans

Welcome to the site frans! weren't you a member here before?
I once had employees showing up for work drunk so bad I thought they were in diabetic shock. Not a good scene.

The work is dangerous enough without adding extra substances to the mix.

Good heads-up...good to read you again. I have missed your input.

Good to see you around again, Frans.
Back in treework full time?

Withdrawing from heavy alcohol? That's an odd thing. He had a hangover? Still drunk or what?
If you're getting the DTs you're shaking a lot.

Steve, I'll answer because I'm not sure Frans will be posting again. Yes, Frans was doing duty at a cemetery for awhile.

I think he was just Sharing Butch.

They guy must have been in a real state with the booze to collapse. I have heard of it, but only from serious addicts

When I was about 20, I had a lot to drink one night. In the morning I got up and was in the bathroom taking a leak, had just finished, when I completely passed out, simply dropped to the floor unconscious. My mom heard it and came running in, said my eyes were up in my head. No ill effects after coming to, other than having cut the heck out of my nose on a plastic trash bin that was in the corner. Sure freaked out mom, though. I wasn't an alcoholic as far as regular use or anything, but it must have been the drink is all I can figure. Probably some degree of alcohol left in my system, but not a sense of still being drunk from the night before.

When I was about 20, I had a lot to drink one night. In the morning I got up and was in the bathroom taking a leak, had just finished, when I completely passed out, simply dropped to the floor unconscious. My mom heard it and came running in, said my eyes were up in my head. No ill effects after coming to, other than having cut the heck out of my nose on a plastic trash bin that was in the corner. Sure freaked out mom, though. I wasn't an alcoholic as far as regular use or anything, but it must have been the drink is all I can figure. Probably some degree of alcohol left in my system, but not a sense of still being drunk from the night before.

Nothing to do with the alcohol, happened to me once too.

It's called Micturition Syncope, can't post links from my iPhone for some reason but a quick google will tell you everything you want to know!

Back