Stump grinding tips/ tricks/ tools.

I've found the hardest to be robinia pseudo acacia what you guys call black locust. Stumps that have been in the ground awhile are like iron.

Image 6.jpg Some times when grinding stringy or really wet stumps I lift the guard on my grinder to fling grindings froward.
Image 7.jpg A grinding screen is mandatory and very effective.

Not for me I like to execute with extreme prejudice. RoundUp! Or fire where I can get away with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How about a doug-fir that someone tried to burn out?

Green versus old, solid stumps?

Maple is really the only one that gives us grief. As to that picture with the guarding, I see you regrinding chips which robs power from the task at hand. I'd rather rake grindings back than have that small a work space.

Regrinding sucks, even with a high hp machine.

How about a doug-fir that someone tried to burn out?

Green versus old, solid stumps?

Wear a mask for that burned out one or wait until it rains to keep the dust down. Old stumps are easy as it gets to grind usually punky, green oak with new teeth just makes me smile.

I have yet to tackle a standard SF street tree stump....

a268b2d674032e129b8d8f8b98bc7690.jpg

2c18b250b4f228cce57f6052f502bd14.jpg

I hate using the magnum with the foot on the pavement,would probably be better off using the tire attachment and chock em

Raj, we used to two man the dosko. One guy in back supporting the crazy guy on the wheel with both hands hammering the stump. Jesus. We were stupid.

Back