Thread for ground workers.

Heck bro just start one. But to me felling and rigging should be the ground man's forte and we have one of those here.

I didn't know you were a ground worker. Saw your post about climbing gear and just figured you're a climber.

Actually...I am one of those that can barely run a computer. Also just in case the ground worker/climber lingo is giving anyone any hint of predjudice, I pride myself on being great at ground work. And idealy I think every member of a tree work team would want to climb some.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Merle, That's ok, no harm, you do have a sense of humor.

I climb trees, will be climbing more this season. I have done years of groundsmen type work. I just know were I stand when on a fourm with ISA certified arborists.

It would be a crazy old world if a dedicated groundies website forum popped up online:) highly unlikely event but stranger things have happened...

There needn't always be a distinction, they're all tree workers and many do both

Yeah Chris that was how I was trained. We went out in two man teams most of the time and both of us could climb. So we kind of traded off who climbed that day, accept if I didn't feel like climbing too much today, or that particular tree, and you did we would switch. That made for a fun stress free inviroment. By far my prefered set up.

I am in no postion to hire anyone. I've retired from treework, for the most part.

I was speaking in a general sense. :drink:

Yeah, many types of tree workers, many work alone and do landscaping and hardscaping also. I saw no distinctions in Ohio and Ky but in Ma it seems there is a line between the two. Forestry seems to be just about everything.

Shucks Master, I was looking to go south.

Merle, That's ok, no harm, you do have a sense of humor.

I climb trees, will be climbing more this season. I have done years of groundsmen type work. I just know were I stand when on a fourm with ISA certified arborists.

Being a CA doesn't automatically mean much about practical working knowledge, as with not being a CA, said the CA.

Safe to assume then it comes down to experience over knowledge then. Good to know, that is how I operate considering all thing on this earth, the job come first. I agree with the flex-work, so much better that way.

You guys have a good day.

I could see some of the others posting "Yeah great, I can hardly get my groundies to get off their phones, now they are going to say they are on the Treehouse groundies forum!!" ;)

I am my own groundie, yes it sucks. chipper keeps eating my cell phones,really hard texting and dragging limbs at same time

Start with a question or topic, Walker, like safe rope-man tips and tricks for...
catching a dynamic load or
lifting a load or
catching a load from an overhead rigging point or
rope management strategies...

Back