Boy's and toy's.

Magnus

TreeHouser
Last year we got a project to try inspire a bit.

Parts are still being chased and funds for it...
Battery is yet to be installed, but crank work so they got it going...

And no, I will not have a good lawn this year either it seems...

Looks like a 44 Massey Harris we had on the farm, but my memories failing me as that was almost 50 years ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is a Volvo T-24.
These were pretty common in farms here up 70's but I think they were sold in 50's, perhaps early 60's..
Not sure what year mine is yet, but I think this is 55 or something.

That design of tractor like ours here in North America the Massey's etc were introduced in 1946 right after WWII . Put a front end loader on it and you have a very useful machine, along with a belt driven buzz saw.

These T 20 series Volvo are a bit higher and (to me) a bit more tractor than the Fordson/Ferguson/MF.
This I have the T-24 is gasoline/karosene engine.

You do it from seat manually, change ignition, shift fuel tank etc...
Start on gas by crank or battery, run it warm and shift fuel when running.

Here it is no point anymore either, but at the time Engine kerosene was about half price to gas here so it was a point to it then.
I doubt you can get it at all anymore. They say you can mix diesel with 25% gas and get the same property's in fuel, but there is no point as it is almost same price.

They used to burn Kerosene a lot over here. They called one white gas and one red gas, I cant remember which was which.

International's system for starting a diesel was kinda neat too. Start on gas and automatically switch to diesel. The engine had a carb and an injection pump.

Does your Volvo have a water injector?

If I remember correct our John Deere D had a separate small fuel tank that held water for water injection into the twin cylinders. We mixed diesel with the gas too.

Back