Topping Firs for habitat

GYPO, Here ya go! Embed it for ya...nice vid

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/277wkZUD_9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's how to embed videos;

1) Do NOT copy/paste the page url.
2) Click the "share" button - a embed button will appear underneath/to the left.
3) Scroll down and click the "embed" button - a blue highlighted address will appear.
4) Copy/paste THAT address in your post.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Copy Butch. Thanks.

Bet you've had to make that same post about a hundred times...

Nice video, Gypo.

I was just wishing for a grappling hook stripping a lot of neighboring firs. The grappling hook makes long traverses possible, without a groundie, as I was working. How secure does it generally feel?

That fimble-saver looks nice for that work.

The hook feels good and solid, just make sure you're on a good limb and arent settin yourself up for a big swing if it fails.

Lol. Got that song on my ipod. Dad and i both work in the woods. Dads from Myrtle point... is that close enough to Coos Bay?

Really enjoyed that video love the chips spitting out the saw and watching the hinges opening up:thumbup:

Good work mate , hooks and grapples make jobs like this so much more efficient , nice cutting too. :thumbup:

Hey Gypo: Great vid. What crazy knot is that on your SRT (grapple) line? Not your standard VT.

Did you fab-up that dog yourself for your 540? Did you port that pig? That pig sounded lovely. Was that an Oregon 16" bar?

I was running a michuacan (sp) I think... I usually do. The dawgs I fabbed up off some stihl 362 dawgs. The stockers didnt bite as good as I wanted em too. This 540 is just muffler modded. The bar is the husky techlite or whatever its called that comes with em, and yeah its a 16.

O.k. thanks so much....

Now I'm wondering if you cut on some of the baffles on the inside of the muffler, or just rammed a hole in the side. A buddy of mine said he burnt up his rings because the microprocessor didn't account for the muff mod he did. Said it ran too lean consequently, and cooked his rings. Didn't sound right to me. I dunno... just a bit scared to mess up my new baby cause it's just so much better than my modded 201, even in bone-stock form.

I just augered out the stock hole as big as i could under the flap. I cut the flap and folded it back, ground everything underneath it out, as well as much baffle as I could reach throught that hole, then folded the flap back down and welded it.

Mine has about 30 hrs on it is all, and no problems so far. Mine does not sound lean... but I cut timber everyday and like a saw as lean as possible without being too lean... and I run sharp chains. Dull chqin kills pro saws.

HA!! Thanks.

Super funny that you should happen to mention the "sharp chains," bit. A funny thing about the guy I told you about... I've never met anyone THAT mechanically inclined who was also THAT big of a hack, when it came to sharpening. He has no clue, and I dare say that a ton of pulp dust has made it straight through the air cleaner on that thing; so, yeah... :lol:

Rajan: Word.

Gypo: So man, of course you had to take the muffler off in order to hog the baffles out. I've heard that it is actually pretty difficult. Did you find that it was?

Back