Climbing gaffs and harness.

You missed out on junk.

I wouldn't let anybody climb for me that shows up with that gear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know, if it lasted long enough for this one job I could care less.

:D I am older then the harness/gaffs so I must already be ''antique'' now :bs:

Post a WANTED TO BUY. People have old rotten gear that they want to get rid of...just kidding.

Seriously, post your harness/ waist size (seasonally for layers) and what your needs are.

IF it lasted...

Up here the spurs are the tough ones, saddles seem to be pretty reasonable brand new, first one I got was a Weaver 4 D, 'bout $110 on sale, then I purchased the discontinued Cougar (with rope bridge) for $209 on sale, but it was mislabeled and it was actually the updated Cougar Saddle (with webbing bridge), reg $349.

I was given a set of old pole spurs, but kept my eye on Kijiji for a long time, found a set of tree spurs for 'bout $80, had to travel 2 hours to get it.

But I get where you are coming from, sometimes the seed money doesn't quite fill the order.... story of my life as well.

Thanks Peter, your reply is very down to earth. Some of the best things in life is by accident, meant to be.

A lot of guys who can afford the new gear and big jobs laugh at me but i do not mind.

What size saddle do you wear? I might have an older butt strap in our shop, it's prob a size small but it's all yours if you pay the shipping. I might have a pair of old gaffs too.

Yeah I bought some boots and other items and I was broke. I am with a company thats willing to work with me to be a great climber so my pay isnt on par with what most climbers make. Plus the 4 kids and now the pregnany daughter in law has put me in a hard bind. But heck if I ever get a hold of any extra stuff I will try to help yah out if I can :)

Hey, I really appreciate the offer, I really do. My pay is not good either but we do what is necessary and learn as we go. I wish I saved my old gear.

It sounds like you got in a good one, I wish the local tree companies would offer me the same, typical MassHoles around here.

Back