White Hungarian pepper seeds

Raj

TreeHouser
Anyone have a good source for white hungarian pepper seeds, preferably in Ontario?

My dad has been looking for it, haven't seen any for the past 10 years or so in the stores up here.

Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not sure how seeds would work cross border from a residence. hmmmm, I'll look into it! Thanks!

Toss them in a letter, between some sheets of paper.
Pepper seeds are flattish, easily concealed.

Do you guys really have that strict laws about seeds going from one country to another.

Used to be that way here with some things like potatoes, but they have loosened up a lot.

If you find something interesting on your vacation and want to grow it at home, you can bring seeds back.
Unless it is halucinogenic of course.

I buy most of the stuff for my vegetable garden in the US or England via internet.

Also they don't much check letters in customs unless there is an anthrax letter episode going on.

I had pot sent to me the way I mentioned first time i worked in Schweiz.
One fat letter, with a funny smell. Not even the mailman commented on it.

I'm not sure how it works. If I found some I would sure send them to Peter in the original packaging if I can.

Ag security is pretty tight these days. Really bad when I travel to New Zealand. They wont even let me send a rattle off of a rattle snake to my father in law. I guess they are worried that if he planted it, a snake plant may grow, flower, and spread seeds that would grow more little snakes. Thats how it starts you know

The big town has a market in it that caters to a lot of the Eastern European immigrants. My wife's friend from Latvia used to love going there. I guess they can order anything you need. I am going down next week.

Shit!
I brought a rattlesnake rattle home from Idaho years ago.
Good thing it is too cold in summer for them to grow here, or I might have started a disaster.

Yep, they are pretty paranoid in New Zealand.
Made me open my tnet in the airport so they could shake any sneaky, unwanted seeds out and sprayed the airplane with insecticide before we landed.

Guess they learned the hard way to keep stuff out.

Thanks! Even some info on who the seed provider is would be helpful! (hopefully, hahaha)

My concern is laws and rules change by the minute, knowing my luck I'd break some new law punishable with a minimum 10 years jail.....

THANKS FOR BOTH WEBSITES, why am I yelling, cap lock was on, anyway I'll be calling both on tuesday! Thanks again!

Introduced species in this region range from benign to invasive. There are so many of both anymore that it is hard to know what is native here and what is not. Unless you know for sure, of course. Few locals do. As time goes on I'm beginning to learn a little more about this issue. It is a very interesting subject.

I placed an order with a US supplier, but if I pay attention to the shipping terms they only ship within the US, but that was a 2013 date. Hope it has changed.....

Thanks Jim. I'll check the requirements of importing seeds, don't want to burden you with a possible illegal exporting fine! Haha!
I'll look on ebay, Jay. Thanks.

Back