Green barrel

brendonv

Tree Hugger
I cant, and wont bring myself to buy a green barrel. You know, the landscraper clean up kind that every new grass cutter runs out and buys. Then drives around with it in the back of their pickup so everyone knows.

I typically use vinyl coated tarps, but my guy likes the barrel.

Do they make them in a different color, maybe white, grey or black? Or do i need to settle for a brute garbage can?

I hate the green barrel.

Green barrels are way too large imo. Brute garbage can works fine, imo.

Which green barrel do you speak of?

I like a brute with a good handle for strapping to a hand truck, as needed. They roll on the edge of the bottom short distances, as needed. Easier than lifting.

Saw a green barrel for the first time last year when I went to the East Coast. Nice for how light and strong the material is. Too big for the weight of stuff we deal with. Wish we had those on the West Coast about one third smaller.

Anyone that wants to have a little more of an occasional use container and leave it full till disposal site -- Wool Bags. (Sheep shearing wool bags. Bunch up to almost nothing, fill up to about 3.5 feet square. I have been using the same 12 for over 10 years.

Traps most of the time, a brute rarely, and those green barrels are nice but very $$$ and not worth it to me anyway.

Think you're looking at old school, tall, cylindrical, human packed wool bags. I am talking about squarish bags for hydaulic machine packer.

Let me look a bit.

Look at youtube, "Wooltech Wool Bale Sort System Video No. 2." That shows the square nylon bags packed full of wool. They are packed out on ranches by a trailer mounted hyd machine the shearer most likely brought with him.

Google searches didn't show the bags for sale but that company must have them available. I paid about $10 each.

Only drawback as a tool for us is that they do not hold themselves open like the mouth of a barrel is.

Look at youtube, "Wooltech Wool Bale Sort System Video No. 2." That shows the square nylon bags packed full of wool. They are packed out on ranches by a trailer mounted hyd machine the shearer most likely brought with him.

Google searches didn't show the bags for sale but that company must have them available. I paid about $10 each.

Only drawback as a tool for us is that they do not hold themselves open like the mouth of a barrel is.
Thanks Merle

Been using wool bags for years. My frame is round with three legs, I just ram it into the chips if I don't have room. I'd get a picture but it's a bit late, these ones come apart.

imageMain_16_281.jpg

...spent enough years cooking to know of the Rubbermaid Brutes. Rugged , Grey , and worth the money. Many sizes , best place to buy them is resteraunt supply houses. Perfect for the residential cleanup.

Steve I would love to see a picture of your round frame. That would more than double the usefulness of my wool bags. The best I had ever come up with was taking a garbage can along with me as a temporary 'hold open frame' on jobs with a lot of small debris.

Debris clean up at the end of a job. I use the wool bags that Steve Mack posted a picture of a few posts back. It started on barrels (show us a pic someone) and we are waiting for you to tell us what else would work great.

Back