Power Brooms

I just saw an obit that said the inventor of the pet rock was also from Bottineau, ND. I lived in the heartland of innovation all those years and none of it wore off.

This is a Stihl but I have to purchase the two components separately the paddles and the trimmer a 130r or something like that.

Flushcut are you buying the KM130 powerhead? That is specifically the kombi unit that you can plug any one of a dozen or more attachments onto. It is an amazing workhorse that I would recommend to anyone that dosen't need to have multiple tools working at the same exact time. (Great for a one man band or small outfit.)

No I am leaning heavily to a stand alone unit. I like the Combi deals but the power broom is what I am after. I grind about 150-200 stumps a year some are my own stumps and some are other tree co.s stumps. I basically whored out my machine to five different outfits with me as the operator no clean up aside from mounding the chips. The br 600 is fantastic but the over spray is a time vampire.

Ahh. As long as you know about the Combi unit. Having too many seldom used tools to keep fresh gas in boggs me down.

Wish I knew of someone like you around me. Maybe I will start checking. I price it to make good money when I do stumps, just a pain to use a rental machine and dont like stumping enough to buy one.

Ahh. As long as you know about the Combi unit. Having too many seldom used tools to keep fresh gas in boggs me down.

Wish I knew of someone like you around me. Maybe I will start checking. I price it to make good money when I do stumps, just a pain to use a rental machine and dont like stumping enough to buy one.

Out source, it can be a stress reliever or pain in the ass. You need to develop good relations with one another.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Finally broke down and bought a new power broom = pro paddle set up. I wanted a real 2 stroke. That stihl 4mix and shin 2/4 isnt for me. Screw cams and valves in ope ;)

echo280pp.jpg

Nice score.

I've got three 4 mix engines, a combi tool, power pruner and a blower. They've all been fine tbh.

My power broom is an occasional tool tbh, grinding mostly.

WTH didnt I buy one of these sooner. :O

Today after firing the grill up I was dying to know. I took the new toy down the gravel drive on the grass areas. About 300' worth.
I was like holy chit man. I am kicking myself in the azz for not buying one of these years back.
It was pulling old buried gravel out of the dirt and tossing them back on the driveway. I found if you go straight on it would throw them 8'-10' across the drive. So found going at a angle way better.
Highly impressed with the way this ope pulls the gravel out of the grass and embedded in dirt.

I mixed up 3gal of echo red armor mix and I didnt even go through a tank yet and 1/4 of it done. 8)

echopasp.jpg echopaspp.jpg

Over winter I bought a M55 for the wife to use as tiller and power broom. All I can say after using both today for 700' on both side pushing gravel back in drive. So glad I bought my echo power broom. I just didnt want to buy a wheel kit for it for the wife's uses.

I know the M55 is homeowner grade but dang no where near the power of the echo. They needed to use a good 2 stroke motor on these IMO. Love to have the echo 280 motor on it.

The wheel kit does have it's drawbacks too. Like running at a angle.

s55e280.jpg

Back