Charly Pottorff - Moving Big Pieces of Wood Safely

chris_girard

Treehouser
About 10 years ago, I got a DVD from Charly P. that showed some of his rigging jobs. Well, I went and lost the DVD and his cell phone no. and I was wondering if anyone has his no? No need to post it, just send me a PM please if you have it.

Charly's a great guy and I had a blast chatting with him a few years ago at the TCI Expo.

Thanks.

BTW, any of you guys seen the DVD?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I remember a few years back talking to Charly about Weightlifters and Strongmen. I used to be an avid Powerlifter and knew that Charly worked out as well. We must have chatted for close to an hour about guys from the 40's-80's who used to lift heavy weights. I was amazed at his knowledge.

Hope he is doing well, as I had heard that he had a heart attack.

Glad to hear that as well Jer.

I remember the last time that we talked on the phone. It was late in the afternoon and Charly had just gotten back to the shop with the guys. He was talking to me on his phone and barking out orders to the guys to do this and that, all the while talking with me. At first I thought that he was pissed at his guys, but I figured out that that was just Charly's way. He seems like a heck of a character, and I would have liked to have worked on some of his unique rigging jobs.

BTW Jer, how's the ankle doing these days? Is it fused now?

Barking out orders to the crew is Charly all the way. It's just 'on the job protocol' with him. Off the job he's a different guy. He hires mostly green collage students that are trying to make ends meet, to school and have a few bucks. After 2 or 3 years they finish school and leave. Charly gets new ones. So he's always training and barking.

The ankle is what it is. I'm going to hold off on getting it fused until another matter is solved. Life goes on.

Chris, you're a good friend.

I met and spent time with him at the trade shows a several times. Good company clearly he knows his stuff....but i can imagine him being a lively character to work with.
DSC00012 - Copy.jpg

Good you weren't in charge of an ICBM during the cold war, then;)

The ankle is what it is. I'm going to hold off on getting it fused until another matter is solved. Life goes on.

Chris, you're a good friend.

Jer, I can say the same about you. You've always helped me with any questions that I've had through the years and I really appreciate it.

Sorry to hear about the ankle, but I'm sure that it'll all work out for you. Sometimes it stinks that we have to get older doesn't it?

Back