HH 2

Order in today. Thanks Paul.

...and two days later it is here (that is the HUT attachment from my HH1; I think the next generation will be smaller and more streamlined, and maybe I won't overheat the area where I bent it so it doesn't glaze):

HH2b.png

BOTS we are very impressed by the AR400. We have it water jetted like the old ones but with the old ones we would have the bolt holes cut small then size with a drill bit . This stuff you cannt touch with a drill. We were worried about it being brittle but that is a non concern, we have pounded on it and bent it with a hammer and during our destruction testing it was totally unphased. We took all 5 units to 8000lbs and then kept pulling the last till it popped. First thing to break is the biner, so we had to replace the biner with another dog bone. Finally the dog bone snapped at something like 11000lbs. Pretty tough shit
Why is the hh2 rated to 25kn then vs the hh1 at 40kn? Just curious

First ride on the hh2 today and I'm likin it! Using it the smaller size and less weight is definitely noticeable. Only potential negative I see is I had my tether stick on the top of it since its smaller now but that happened on the ground getting setup not in the tree. Tried to do it again and it wouldn't but still something to watch I guess

Is the weight noticeable while working, as with an ascent system, like a neck bungee?

Does it 'work' better?

ive been on the hh1 for a while and I never had an issue with the weight so going from that to this I can say that I don't notice the weight but I don't use a neck bungee either. as far as working better- I only had 2 short climbs on it today so I cant say too much about that but maybe that the overall experience is better due to the weight and compactness. one thing that did stand out to me tho was how hot it got and that id kinda react every time my arm touched it, I never had that heat issue with the hh1.

Just messin with the HH2 in back yard for a few minutes...

lrR5S3z.jpg

The thermoplastic, moldable material is called Kydex - typically used for holsters and knife sheaths.

I apologize for the link to Treebuzz for anyone easily offended ;) but here is the discussion:

http://www.treebuzz.com/forum/threads/new-device-to-tend-hitch-hiker.29857/

Also, a discussion of cheaper alternatives:

http://advancedsurvivalguide.com/2010/11/17/a-no-cost-alternative-to-kydex/

Only downside is you can't leave it out on the dashboard of the truck in the summer heat or it will re-shape back toward its native form (a flat sheet).

Hmmm, no grooves in the spine like the original? Why not?
I like the smaller size though

Where's the end of the line? I don't want to cut in front of anyone, but if I could pick a number can I get #3? I'd really like to get one of these beauties as soon as they are available! Or sooner? HAHA 😜

Dave6390 in WI

Had a work climb on a HH2 today. 8mm HRC cord on 11.5mm cherrybomb. Noticeably easier to tend and work. Same minimal sit back, great hold, biner seems easier to unclip from the body. I had to trim back some branches on a linden from a roofline, so the compact setup of the HH2 came in very handy.

Great product!!!

HH1 and HH2 are all I use, there top notch arbor tools, I still like rope on rope...

My original HH1 I use for all SRT climbes and HH2 I use for pine/firs removals with 125ft of rope in backpack for choking around spar, taking top and repel down

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The HH2 is an incredible tool! Strength, performance and great latitude in the combination of ropes and hitch cords that it will work with, just outstanding!

Back