HH 2

It is incredible to watch. Especially when you put a put a piece of steel in the cabinet and soon it is something else entirely due to water.

Well, the powdered synthetic ruby has a little tiny bit to do with it as well.
If you only used water, you would be in for a loooong wait.

I googled it, didn't learn that much, would like to know about the nozzle, how the high pressure is created and contained, what are the abrasives and why they don't destroy the nozzle, how the waste water and waste products are handled. Oh yeah, and how water can cut through hardened steel and other seemingly impenetrable materials.

The water doesn't cut anything.
It is simply a carrying agent for the abrasive.

My machinist has an EDM for making molds. Laser cutting is pretty impressive too, way faster than water. 3D printing is the way of the future though....

Burnham, I was hoping to sell the pulley with the HH2 as a package deal and also offer them for sale so the original users could utilize them. However I still haven't been able to come up with a design to my satisfaction so we may have to offer them as a separate item at a latter date

I'd certainly want to acquire your tending pulley when you have it refined to your taste. I think I climb little enough now in retirement that the original HH will serve my needs adequately 'til I'm ground bound :). Let me know how that pulley comes along, eh?

Add me to the list of eager consumers. Is there an approximate time frame for availability, appx. cost yet?

That thing looks beautiful, like a Porsche. I've never really given the first one a chance, found it cinched on me. but, that's a different place and time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is a good alternative until something better is devised. I find this fixed plate pulley, with the sides squeezed closer together so that they grip the bridge ring, to be a simple, non fumbly way of using a standard pulley.

Attachments

• 20150409_100116-2.jpg
    20150409_100116-2.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 20150409_100128.jpg
    20150409_100128.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 20150409_100135.jpg
    20150409_100135.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 20150409_100204(1).jpg
    20150409_100204(1).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 91
I've loved watching this thing develop over the years. One of my dislikes is how the hitch cord attaches to device. I know most people don't take it off/on all the time, so it's more of a set it and forget it sortof thing. I've been bouncing it around since the HH2 thread started. I think I got it figured out- I could make a hitch cord with one of these on each side of it!

jlock-explain.jpg

I know that i'd probably be the only person in the world that would go through those lengths- but I think it would give me warm fuzzy feelings if it was done!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think that Paul is working on some other ways of attaching the hitch cord but really, the dogbone is going to be hard to surpass for strength, simplicity and adjustability. I take my HH off the rope after every tree. It is fast and easy once you get the hang of it.

Back