HH 2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This guys idea looks promising, ...

I saw that and thought it was clever, however, it looks like the changes Paul made in the lower slots combined with a slack tending pulley, will make having a carabiner tether/corner trap redundant. I have been using the HH 2 without them and so far I have not come close to crossing up the carabiner. With a slack tending pulley, every time the rope is tensioned the carabiner realigns. For rope walking I just clip into the bridge ring to advance things and that works well combined with a knee and foot ascender. For movement within the canopy I just tend slack as if it were a Hitchclimber by pulling on the tail. This is much simpler than having to deal with a carabiner tether.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That would certainly be great exposure but I don't do Facebook and wouldn't know where to begin.

I will probably want to get one to update as I find the HH to be so valuable to my work.

I would be overjoyed if the hitchcord holes were a little bigger on revision and I could get 10mm through more easily with whipping.

Merle, before whipping the cordage remove the last inch or so of core, this will make putting it through the eye much easier. To make the hole larger we need to make the DB larger and then consequently the HH bigger.

PC did you consider stainless steel, 347ss mabey 304ss.....prob costs to much though

No way we could use Stainless. The originals used 4140 pre hardened plate, basically a tool steel, very hard but also costly. I decided to try the AR400 as it is very hard and wear resistant, it works nicely. The interaction of the biner and the slot is hugely abusive to the materials .

Cool PC, as long as that material is not so hard to be brittle when loaded hard or side loaded...Id rather it bend and not snap like a piece of tungsten

I was certified FFA aircraft welder for 17years, delt with a lot of different metals, so just checking bro

Well... I was thinking about ordering another one in the near future so I can just keep a devise with each rope I stow. Also for teaching SRT to a couple people and my boys. Nice it came out about that time :)

Well... I was thinking about ordering another one in the near future so I can just keep a devise with each rope I stow. Also for teaching SRT to a couple people and my boys. Nice it came out about that time :)

Not bad if you need to have two ropes/ TIPs for a sketchy tree. I keep my HH on my daily rope, and my RW on my back-up rope.

You get to work more variety, I think. my hardwoods dont generally spread as much. i just ask myself if i need to tie two ropes together or not.

Merle, before whipping the cordage remove the last inch or so of core, this will make putting it through the eye much easier. To make the hole larger we need to make the DB larger and then consequently the HH bigger.

Ha, ha, I walk around thinking I'm a pretty clever guy - and then I read something like that. Wish I would have asked about that a year ago. Thanks Paul.

Cool PC, as long as that material is not so hard to be brittle when loaded hard or side loaded...Id rather it bend and not snap like a piece of tungsten

I was certified FFA aircraft welder for 17years, delt with a lot of different metals, so just checking bro

BOTS we are very impressed by the AR400. We have it water jetted like the old ones but with the old ones we would have the bolt holes cut small then size with a drill bit . This stuff you cannt touch with a drill. We were worried about it being brittle but that is a non concern, we have pounded on it and bent it with a hammer and during our destruction testing it was totally unphased. We took all 5 units to 8000lbs and then kept pulling the last till it popped. First thing to break is the biner, so we had to replace the biner with another dog bone. Finally the dog bone snapped at something like 11000lbs. Pretty tough shit

You drill thru that with water?????

gmXN04r.gif

BOTS we are very impressed by the AR400. We have it water jetted like the old ones but with the old ones we would have the bolt holes cut small then size with a drill bit . This stuff you cannt touch with a drill. We were worried about it being brittle but that is a non concern, we have pounded on it and bent it with a hammer and during our destruction testing it was totally unphased. We took all 5 units to 8000lbs and then kept pulling the last till it popped. First thing to break is the biner, so we had to replace the biner with another dog bone. Finally the dog bone snapped at something like 11000lbs. Pretty tough shit

Awesome PC, looks like you already got it tested and found it worthy for life support! :thumbup:

Cant wait to see the final product!

So are the slack tending pulleys you're working on going to be an option, rather than a part of the HH2? And might we be so fortunate that you'd be able to put one out that could function with either unit?

Burnham, I was hoping to sell the pulley with the HH2 as a package deal and also offer them for sale so the original users could utilize them. However I still haven't been able to come up with a design to my satisfaction so we may have to offer them as a separate item at a latter date

PC, do you drill through that material with water or did I misunderstand?

Back