HH 2

Did a few small remodels removals today with my hh1, love how easily it goes from single to double rope. Running brand new 9 mm epi cord was butter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No. The HH2 has some refinements that you would notice but the original HH can and in fact does work just the same. I have even talked to some climbers who find the HH1 smoother to use.

But I like the HH2 the best.

I'm sure that my HH1 is some tiny bit less magic than the HH2...but not near enough less to justify tossing the 1 and buying the 2. IMO, the only real advantage of the 2 over the 1 is some measure of better compactness.

The HH was my gateway to SRT, so I will always keep it and use it. Now that I have a HH2 it will be less though. The small refinements and compact size make it so much easier to grab when it's go time.

I appreciate the friction hitch rope on rope appeal of the HH as much as anyone, me being at bottom line a very old school climber...but I have to say, this Akimbo of Jaime's is pretty much top of the charts for function, full mechanical or mixed type.

Though neither of them work worth a toot in the face of conifer pitch, sad to say.

There is still no faultlessly magic tool :D.

Glad I live with mostly hardwoods B. I can't give a good comparison on the akimbo as I only snuck in a few ups and downs at the expo last year.

Used to Butch. I now have a separate washer for my work stuff because of that. I will trash a used washer from Craig's list every year rather than replace the $1k maytag again. She was so pissed ��

On the rare occasion that I climb I rock my HH1. Im not aware of a difference in performance between the 2. Biggest problem with the HHs is the same as the Wraptor, they don't break and give years of service and in my opinion are very reasonably priced. I should have gone to business school with Tobe.

FWIW I still think it's the best tool for crane work

I still run my HH1 every week. I think it is one of the originals- Paul? Must have an immense number of hours on it now.

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 59
Wow that is an old one. Believe it or not, but I turned that dogbone on a lathe and drilled the holes. Cannot believe the amount of time I used to put in for ropetek, those days are done.

I still run my HH1 every week. I think it is one of the originals- Paul? Must have an immense number of hours on it now.
Me too. May be the sand, salt and sap but mine isn't quite that purty. Rock solid, dependable piece of gear. From the lack of wear on the dog bone it's got to be pretty hard stuff Paul. Did you have to do anything special to drill them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm betting that there never will be a rope-working tool that will be more rugged, safe or last longer than the HH.

Back