HH 2

DMc

TreeHouser
So the rumours are true, Paul has been working on a new HH. The HH 2 is a sweet little tool! Smaller, lighter, even stronger side plates and much more refined. The changes are quite noticeable and not just holding it or looking at it but it runs and handles better on rope.
Here are some pictures of the up and coming and, hopefully, soon to be available HH 2.
Sweeeet!

Attachments

• 003-2.jpg
    003-2.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 327
  • 004-3.jpg
    004-3.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 005-2.jpg
    005-2.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 325
DMC is there going to be a pulley set up/slack tender on new HH2?

Awesome! No slack tending solution or am I missing something?

WHat I have been wondering is could you (Paul) incorporate something like Jaime did in the OAR on the last bolt of the HH2 or 3rd. You probably have already tried to ... You are way more inventive than I can even aspire to be. But some thing like this... Wondering... Or on a another link hanging off the back bolt so that it would not need a swing plate.
DSCF0170.jpg DSCF0171.jpg

It looks like a subtle change in the carabiner slot, I wonder if that equals better tending. With the right hitch cord Ive had no problem with that tho.

Ive been working on a HH2 for literally years now. Have made many aluminum versions but could never get them to work. This revision uses AR400 which is bullet proof plate for the sideplates. By not nesting the sideplates into the spine we don't have to have the plate precision ground like the old ones.

As for the tending device, I am convinced that some kind of pulley is the way to go. We have made many pulleys trying to come up with a design that is easy to install yet durable. Stil working on that, thought we had it with a pulley with wire gates on the cheek plates but the gates tended to get eaten by all the hardware down there.

Stephen we tried a roller on the HH body and it doesn't work.

Back