Dismantle using the Bulldog Bone

biggun

Monkey for Hire
We removed a Lime tree in South East London this Monday just gone. The tree was behind residential and commercial properties. It was being removed as it had grown through the wall and the wall had to be demolished for a new dining area in the restaurant.

There was an asbestos roofed extension directly below the tree and lots of kebab type counters and catering equipment. Decided it was best to Speed line the tree away from the targets and make life easier for the ground staff. Conventional rigging would have been a painful process until we got to the trunk.

When the tree got too close to the wall for rigging I just sliced it and dropped the rings. The stump is being stump gound once the wall is out.

Thanks and hope you enjoy. Switch setting to HD and see if you spot the rats running about on the floor.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GDV2nG4N7ws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very good Rich, I broke an asbestos roof once, insurance cost a fortune because they had to replace the lot, not just the panel I broke, men in crime scene suits and breathing apparatus the lot.
Zip line there saved a lot of effort.

Nice vid, good editing although I would have liked to see you chunking down the last little bit without the rope. Good tunes too.

excellent approach to a shitty job. How you liking the BDB?? I haven't tried a full mechanical device but it sure looks like you are comfortable with it. Is this your first single line tool? Sorry I probably should know but Im a moron

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the comments.

I hate asbestos roofs with a passion. After I fell through one once, the whole thing went beams and all and I was at the bottom of a garage hold my breath and trying to scramble out.

The BDB is great, very reliable and pretty hitch like for a mechanical. I have climbed on SRT for a while. Both for access if the tree warrants a traditional approach. I had the rw1 and mark 2 before this and got a RR on order. Not tried yours though. Pete Mctree offered it on loan but I haven't taken him up on it yet.

Thanks.

I have always thought that a mechanical could be made to work more reliably than a hitch but didn't know how well they would be received by tree guys. Interesting.

Incredible, Rich. One of the best zip-line jobs I've ever seen. Yeah, once you've been on SRT for a bit, it's really hard to go back. It's just so efficient. That 200t's still screaming eh? You got a new piston and jug in that pig, or just new seals, and a carb kit? Sounded great.

Thanks.

The 200t is a '10 model. It has been exhaust modded and runs like a dream. It did have a run in with a rather large beech limb that wasn't allowed to run and it had to be rebuilt but that was a while ago now. My best saw is a 2003 200t that has been ported and modded and was done as a bit of an experiment and was given to a saw doctor as a box of bits. That saw runs sweet. It just continues to earn me money and won't pack up.

Gotta love that. Wish I could master the whole porting deal.... as it stands I've blown-up almost as many saws as I've helped out. :|: It's still super fun though.

I run 046 066 and 200s. All are OLD.Every couple years I throw a new jug and piston on the big saws and polish the ports and match muffler. I have probably 6 or so 200s in a box, I started looking them over and I believe they all just have bad carbs!!! Score , 200s for years!!!

Ahhh... you devil!!! So can you just run new kits in em' or you think they need all new carbs? (not cheap)

Not to derail Rich.... Such fluid work on that zipper!

I like how you used the zip line to tighten up and direct the pieces you were cutting. How did they take up the zip line slack so quickly?

Cheers Ben.

Yes you are correct the line was tensioned by two fat groundies! Luckily we had the height and all we had to do was clear the building below. Any closer to the chipper was a bonus. ;)

It impressed me how quickly they could take up that slack....good show...learned some from that video..thanks.

Ahhh... you devil!!! So can you just run new kits in em' or you think they need all new carbs? (not cheap)
I buy new carbs from treestuff for I believe $79. Once these carbs start messing up a kit wont help them as it is the impulse pump that is worn out. Ive started to do the JB weld mod to them now which should make the pump inoperative so the carbs should last now. Time will tell.

Not really, all it does is squirt a tiny amount of gas when you pull the trigger so as to give the saw better throttle response. It will still cut just the same.

Wow. And maybe you could adjust the Low jet to improve the throttle response?

Back