Handsaw Recommendations

The 420 has hook knife at the tip for desprouting. You pull it towards you. It's easy enough to bury it into a limb as high as you can reach to pull or direct limbs where you want. My favorite part of tool other than it cuts like a mofo. Just imagine a bear in big beech of tree nesting in all the branches to feast on all the sweet beech nuts. Long reach claw"""

Zubat & Ibuki here. The Ibuki has a very stout blade and very aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear there are some other ibuki votes. All the silky saws seem to cut like crazy, but the slightly thicker blade on the ibuki has always been good to me. Except when it cuts me!

My zubat landed me at the hospital getting my thumb sewn back together awhile back. Man did that thing cut a lot of my thumb with little effort.

I started out the the Zubat, and I prefer it for fine pruning (<3/4" diameter), especially of hardwoods (smaller teeth cut smoother). That being said the saw that is in my gear bag is the Sugoi, I think its the longer version. It cuts faster making it ideal for takedowns, and large pruning cuts 1.25-3" diameter but its difficult to make a clean cut when cutting small branches/twigs.

I do remember a friend who had another silki, it was relatively short with fine teeth, and the last two inches had extra fine teeth. That seems like a nice fine pruning saw, his had a straight blade FWIW.

I am going to purchase a Silky handsaw and was looking at the ones Tree Stuff carries. Which Silky options do folks suggest? I have a crappy dull old handsaw and it is time to get a good one. I was thinking of "Silky Zubat 330 Hand Saw" or the "Silky Sugoi 360 Arborist Hand Saw." What do folks like? Thanks in advance.

I like my zubat a lot but I don't like the plastic sheath it comes with but that's just me

I use the Ichiban saws 15.75"....still sharp after 5 years of use

I got the weaver belt scabbard as well...didnt like the plasic one :barf:

It seems I'm not the only one hatin on the plastic

Thanks for the welcome can I get any scabbard or does it have to be for a zubat cause I think there is a few extra ones that fit the coronas at work maybe save some pennies n grab it off the boss when we go back to work

5 years! Holy shit, BOTS. I get a new blade every 6 months. You milking that thing :P

Zubat with the belting scabbard for me.

Back