Handsaw Recommendations

Ronald

TreeHouser
I am going to purchase a Silky handsaw and was looking at the ones Tree Stuff carries. Which Silky options do folks suggest? I have a crappy dull old handsaw and it is time to get a good one. I was thinking of "Silky Zubat 330 Hand Saw" or the "Silky Sugoi 360 Arborist Hand Saw." What do folks like? Thanks in advance.

Zubat is good but I also have the sugoi 420... Why? Because it is a large saw and great cutting abilities, but most importantly 420 is my favourite number. ;)

Okay- have any of you guys tried the Tsurigi. It's WAY better than the zubat. We got one to try it. Slowly but surely, our whole crew switched.

I'm the goof ball that rocks the straight blade Tsurugi, rest of the crew prefers the traditional curved blade. But still- better handle, better sheath, and similar but slightly better blade. Tsurugi for the win!

love
nick

Zubat followed by Sugoi if you are doing bigger stuff, but then really, spring for a Stihl 150 for volume work :)

If price is an issue, the Samurai Ichiban is a perfectly good handsaw, for almost half the price of a zubat 330. The blade is a little more bendy, and the handle has an annoying hook at the bottom, but it cuts just as fast IMO.

I bought a Samuri for my groundie to try it out because it was cheaper. First day he said don't bother, Silky has it beat by miles. Just his opinion.

I don't understand any of that. Dumb it down for me.

420 not sure where it originated. Some say it was cop speak for a drug offence in the 60's. There are other theories about its origination. The term has been adopted by pot smokers of the U.S. and elsewhere in the world.

4.20 am and Pm being the official time to roll and smoke a doob. April 20th being the national day for smoking. Companies setting up tours for the cannabis cup in Amsterdam called 420tours.com. Various hippy based bumper stickers (we all know the counter culture loves a good bumpers sticker!) with slogans such as

"can you give me a minute officer? It's only 4:19pm!)

plus others that have brought a smile to my face over the years.

420 not sure where it originated. Some say it was cop speak for a drug offence in the 60's. There are other theories about its origination. The term has been adopted by pot smokers of the U.S. and elsewhere in the world.

4.20 am and Pm being the official time to roll and smoke a doob. April 20th being the national day for smoking. Companies setting up tours for the cannabis cup in Amsterdam called 420tours.com. Various hippy based bumper stickers (we all know the counter culture loves a good bumpers sticker!) with slogans such as

"can you give me a minute officer? It's only 4:19pm!)

plus others that have brought a smile to my face over the years.
I know all that. The rest o what he said, added all together is where I got lost. But was interested and hoping he could help me out a little.

Back