I Gotta Take A Dump!!!

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
How do ya'll handle this? You know what I mean... a crew heads out and someone needs to have a sit down.

Depends. If it's a rare occurrence, shit happens. If I notice a trend starting, they're off my crew. When it pisses me off the most is after we've eaten lunch and just get ready to go back at it.

... around here mo.st contractors are equipped with shovel and shit paper being much happier that way than using customer's facilities....

If we're close to a bathroom they can go there, if not, there are chips in the truck, go there

We call it mountain money around here.......never found a place where I couldn't drop the kids off at the pool

Very good Butch. I have been up a tree before though and get a little pain......... I've never had to say "look out below", but I have jumped out of my saddle after smoking the rope and made a mad dash for the woods.

My fishing buddy would run his boat up on shore sometimes, and so fast that I was afraid he was going to tear out the hull.

I know where the nearest restrooms are and go there. I will take a break and leave some serious cleanup for while I am gone. If they need to go, well... There is the truck, there will be a lot of clean up when you get back. I will NOT let a crew shit on someones property.
Last guy that peed on my tires got cold water on his neck. Find an appropriate place. Do your duty and get back to work!
If we are too far out and had to hike in, shovel and paper time. NP. Bury it

Usually we hit a gas station in the mornings on the way to the job. Something always needs gas or diesel. That's anyone's opportunity to do their business or pickup something they need.

I try to avoid the morning has gas station run, as it helps guys avoid the grocery store, and promote skipping breakfast and dumping. Better quality food at the grocery than gas station, and there is more of a channel of God food for dinner, with leftovers.

Gas stop happens unpredictably. Works out better for me. Also, even though I don't always mean to, we don't t always leave for a job asap, in the morning, especially if we pulled in right at the end of the day, leaving unloading of materials, and adding extra tools as morning work. Plus, childcare providers show at 730a, from town, same as employees.

We keep a box of baby wipes on the truck. I know they get used up!

We are also lucky that many of our clients have out-of-house bathrooms. Some are for the pool and some really seem like they were built for contractors!

love
nick

I try to avoid the morning has gas station run, as it helps guys avoid the grocery store, and promote skipping breakfast and dumping. Better quality food at the grocery than gas station, and there is more of a channel of God food for dinner, with leftovers.

Gas stop happens unpredictably. Works out better for me. Also, even though I don't always mean to, we don't t always leave for a job asap, in the morning, especially if we pulled in right at the end of the day, leaving unloading of materials, and adding extra tools as morning work. Plus, childcare providers show at 730a, from town, same as employees.

My guys don't really stock up at gas stations. Maybe the odd soda, or second cup of coffee if the first didn't do it.

I'll tell you one thing before I go to bed.
In an ideal world sure, we would all prefer to drop the kids off at the pool before leaving the house. In reality, early starts, a few too many the night before, for whatever reason we all get caught out from time to time. Climbing trees whilst on edge because you're holding can be bad news, rushing, poor decisions etc can lead to mistakes. My advice? pull over, walk into the woods, make like a bear, kick some leaves over it, get on with your day. Garages etc are for salesmen.

I get up early enough to have a few cups of coffee, I take care of business at home 99% of the time

I'm as regular as clock work,cuppa joe before work ,off to the head .Now this doesn't work to my advantage due to fact I'm a skilled tradesman in an auto plant .

If I timed it right I could make an easy 5 grand a year taking care of business to speak .:)

I like Willies program and try my best to subscribe to it, but one batch of wings or Chinese food and the "schedule" is shattered to pieces.

Back